QV Room 6106

Bridgee

Hello:

Has anyone stayed in cabin # 6106 (Q3) on the Queen Victoria?? If so what was your experience? I notice on the deck plan that it is mid ship (good) but right next to the lifts (bad). I had a similar cabin (very near lift) on a Princess ship and heard every ding the elevators made and conversations that took place around the elevator area. I am hoping the Cunard ships have thicker walls.

I am not too hopeful of getting an upgrade so I hope the room is a fairly good location.

Thank you,

Brigitte

Hi Brigitte,

We were upgraded to 4104 a few months ago, which is equivalent to 6104 next door to yours. We had also wondered if we would keep hearing the dings from the elevators. Worry no more, we never heard them at all. The only times we could hear voices were when people were walking directly past the door. We also found that the the number of people walking past the door was pretty low, probably because the corridor running down to the stern starts there, whilst the corridor leading towards the bow starts around the corner.

Another bonus is that 6106 is midship, so any movement of the ship is minimised, which is ideal if you are not a perfect sailor in rough conditions!

I hope you have a great a time as we did!

Phileas

Hi Phileas:

Thank you very much for replying to my post. I am really looking forward to my cruise on the QV this Sunday. This will be my first cruise on Cunard so it will be very interesting I'm sure..

Brigitte

I crossed the Atlantic January 2010 in 6102. I -- and those in next-door 6104 -- had no idea of nearby stairs or lifts, save how very convenient it was to be midships and right-near access to the elevators. Very quiet it was! I'm sure you'll have no problems ... no noise, excellent location! She's a nice ship; do enjoy!

Archived