34 Days Aboard Marina

hondorner

I bought a new computer today and have been posting some answers to various questions. I still have to transfer my photos and such to the new laptop before I write any reviews. More soon.

A review of the laptop would be nice, too! :)

Any chance it is a new MacBook Pro? ;):D

Nope - Acer 1830T, 4 GB Ram, 500 GB HD, i7 Quad core processor, Turbo Boost processor speed, 11.6" screen, lightweight and small for traveling, ~$900. Brand new model, so it shouldn't be obsolete for at least a week.

I started in micro computers with a TRS-80 Model I in 1981, back when the Apple II was new. The TRS-80 used a zilog Z-80 chip that excelled at database work and other business uses. Tjhe Apple used a Motorola chip that made color and pretty pictures. I've never used an Apple product to this day, and likely never will. They have a reputation for being easy to use, but that's because, in my experience, they only allow one way to do things. Now that I've exposed the other forbidden subject, Apple vs. PC, along with religion and politics, I won't mention it again ;).

Don: Olive green trousers that happen to be in a denim material I think are fine. As long as they don't look like jeans with the contrasting stitching and grommets, I call those trousers. In fact, I wear a pair of black denim trousers in the dining room all the time and don't feel that I am doing anything wrong. I would not, however, wear "jeans" to the dining room. You always looked so nice at dinner anyway, because Betsy was at your side.

I think most people like dressing up for dinner but on Oceania you can dress up in a more casual way.

Glad you had a nice trip to San Francisco.

Bobi

Archived