Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Today wasn't my day to find Cruise Clothes...didn't even try anything on:(. BUT - tomorrow is another day. I must shop for a new washer (my 15-year old one stopped working)...and since the Goodwill store is on the way...might as well see if anything catches my eye:cool:.

Windows were open today and inspired me to re-try on some Cruise Outfits. I completely changed 7 of them, mostly shorts and Capris and all that goes with them. Two dinner outfits were flip-flopped; and I'll probably change what will be worn to fly to Ft Lauderdale. Whew! That took most of the afternoon.

I have 13 pairs of shoes on the spreadsheet right now...don't know if they'll all fit with the weight limit...perhaps a bit more tweaking:eek: if necessary...

Windows were open today and inspired me to re-try on some Cruise Outfits. I completely changed 7 of them, mostly shorts and Capris and all that goes with them. ...

Don't swap out the white shorts with the black top - you look so cute in that!!

What a delightful day this is!!! Started at breakfast when I asked DH if he had any events to add to the May calendar (he has many baseball games to umpire in April). He said, "Why? Do you want to book a cruise?" It didn't take long to search the RCI website and find a 7-night Bermuda cruise:cool:. His only stipulation was that it had to be out of Baltimore...and this one is...on Grandeur (refurbished last year) on May 17:). The price is really good...so we're going!!!

Holy cow! Now some of the outfits that were tossed aside for the Oasis cruise have a chance to make it to the spreadsheet!!

I will start Outfit TryOns tomorrow...

Yes, I did come down off my cloud long enough to shop for a washer! And stop at Goodwill - had a couple tops in my hand, but put them back on the rack.

Next stop TJ Maxx where I DID buy a pair of peach DKNY shorts. Got a discount since there was a dirty spot on them. Returned home and treated the spot - which didn't totally disappear but you would need a magnifying glass.

AND - my new camera arrived:).

I'm hoping my computer guru brings the new computer this evening...WOW! What a day this has been - had NO idea at all that there would be a cruise before June:cool::)!

QUESTION: What's the latest you have ever booked a cruise? This is the latest for me - 5 weeks:eek:!

Indiana: Our first cruise (only 2 years ago) we booked in February and sailed in April. We didn't even have passports when we booked!

Our second cruise, last year, we had booked about 10 months out. The wait was ridiculous. And now our third cruise, in November, was booked over a year out. I prefer the short lead time. I can't stand the waiting.

Wow CCF!!! What a great hubby you have! And how nice that he shares your love of cruising :) I've just been reading Radio's LIVE reporting from the Explorer of the Seas and he's in Bermuda now. Would love to get back there someday soon.

Who cares if you booked last minute....did you get a decent cabin location? Have you ever sailed on Grandeur?

lovestx: We cruised on Grandeur in 2010. Since refurbishing was done last year, it will be a different experience. Giovanni's Table is one of the specialty restaurants added, and I made a reservation. The menu is mouthwatering:)!

Whenever we go to Bermuda (this will be the 4th time), we have booked an inside stateroom - first because it's much less $$$, and since we're docked 2 nights, we will be off the ship more than in other ports so why not save a little cash for another cruise;)!

What a delightful day this is!!! Started at breakfast when I asked DH if he had any events to add to the May calendar (he has many baseball games to umpire in April). He said, "Why? Do you want to book a cruise?" It didn't take long to search the RCI website and find a 7-night Bermuda cruise:cool:. His only stipulation was that it had to be out of Baltimore...and this one is...on Grandeur (refurbished last year) on May 17:). The price is really good...so we're going!!!

Holy cow! Now some of the outfits that were tossed aside for the Oasis cruise have a chance to make it to the spreadsheet!!

I will start Outfit TryOns tomorrow...

Yes, I did come down off my cloud long enough to shop for a washer! And stop at Goodwill - had a couple tops in my hand, but put them back on the rack.

Next stop TJ Maxx where I DID buy a pair of peach DKNY shorts. Got a discount since there was a dirty spot on them. Returned home and treated the spot - which didn't totally disappear but you would need a magnifying glass.

AND - my new camera arrived:).

I'm hoping my computer guru brings the new computer this evening...WOW! What a day this has been - had NO idea at all that there would be a cruise before June:cool::)!

QUESTION: What's the latest you have ever booked a cruise? This is the latest for me - 5 weeks:eek:!

The latest that I booked a cruise was three days before sailing. Bermuda is beautiful and the weather should not be too hot in May. Enjoy!

We booked it on a Friday and sailed on the following Monday!

It was quite a few years back and on the Norwegian Wind out of Vancouver (Alaskan cruise). We live close enough to the port so only had to drive into town. A fabulous cruise!

My husband booked our first cruise just about 3 weeks out.

He booked it as a surprise for me. He wasn't going to tell me about it at all, he was just going to have my then 18 years old daughters pack some clothes for:)

As it happened I discovered the "secret" about three days before and had chance to get my hair cut, have a manicure and pack my own clothes LOL!

That was in 2007.

We have cruised a couple more times since but have booked months in advance.

Wow! cruzisme: That has to be a record!! There is no doubt that any CCF worth her wardrobe could put together outfits and pack quickly. Who would pass up a cruise by saying, "Sorry, I don't have time to plan/pack"???? NO ONE:cool:.

Jsim2011: Would it have been better if you hadn't discovered DHs secret? IMHO, I would want to know! Like you said, time to get a hair cut and mani-pedi:).

I'm starting to plan for Bermuda this afternoon...just have to move the Oasis outfits out of the way...life can be tough sometimes;)!

I'm starting to plan for Bermuda this afternoon...just have to move the Oasis outfits out of the way...life can be tough sometimes;)!

I don't think you will get a lot of sympathy from us for that problem!:D

Hope you have a great trip. Bermuda is on my bucket list.

Yesterday was beautiful. Spring has finally arrived...and today I can see the bright yellow daffadils...while wearing jeans and a sweater with the outside temp at 47:(.

Weather has such an effect on my mood! 24 hours ago I was happily trying on tropical clothes, listening to steel drum music and breathing fresh air through the open windows.

There are many reasons for liking (being completely addicted to???) the Caribbean. Warm weather is certainly a big factor. Wearing a little sweater in the evening might be necessary, but during the day, shorts/Capris and fun lightweight tops are all that is needed. Dare I add that a swimsuit + coverup can be put on in the morning and not changed until preparing to go to dinner:cool:?!

The weather people are saying that this is just a temporary chill, and spring temps should return by mid week...I'll try on some of the Next Cruise Outfits for a photo shoot and post them...whenever the sun comes out and warms us up a bit.

The choosing of outfits has been done, the initial TryOns lasted a couple hours, and my spreadsheet is printed. None of the clothes for Oasis will be going on Grandeur. Some of the jewelry will cruise both times.

DH laughs and says NO ONE will know if an outfit is worn on both! Well I'm thinking about years from now when we're looking at the photo books - wouldn't want to see the same thing 1 month apart:eek:!

My Ongoing Hair Saga: During the last several years, I have made appointments with different hair stylists in different salons - never really satisfied with the cut.

Two weeks ago I walked in to jc penney's salon (at a moment of desperation after not being able to do anything with my hair) and made an appointment for cut AND color (might as well go for it all!). Pleading my case, I asked for a stylist who likes working with short hair.

Friday at 10 AM, putting myself in Suzi's hands, I showed her a photo of a style and color. Can you do this? She assured me that she could...and SHE DID!! Only a little hair was cut off. She showed me where hair had been chopped out and needs to grow. The color is WHAT I WANTED! My DIY shade was drab, now it's brighter and works with my complexion.

Sorry about rambling on...but now looking in the mirror isn't so bad:)!

Edited by indiana71

The days I stay home, makeup and hair styling aren't part of the routine...and I'm pretty scary without both of those things;)!

SO - tomorrow is my morning to go out for groceries, stop at a couple shops and have My Usual at Starbucks.

And then: Try Ons and a photo session. Weather should be warmer (anything above 50 is acceptable) and if the sun is shining, photos will be outdoors:cool:.

Edited by indiana71

The days I stay home, makeup and hair styling aren't part of the routine...and I'm pretty scary without both of those things;)!

SO - tomorrow is my morning to go out for groceries, stop at a couple shops and have My Usual at Starbucks.

And then: Try Ons and a photo session. Weather should be warmer (anything above 50 is acceptable) and if the sun is shining, photos will be outdoors:cool:.

Bring it on! I am having trouble downloading cruise pics on here:(

DH was nice enough to be my photographer today. The first picture is what I will wear for traveling to Baltimore, SailAway and dinner. The Capris and top are Talbot's, jewelry is Inch of Gold from RCI (except that it's silver); and the sandals are from Cruise #1! - lime Naturalizers.

I'll add a lightweight white jacket if necessary and for dinner, switch out the sandals for white Ann Klein wedges.

My hair doesn't look much different...but the color is more vibrant and it's much easier to style now that I have a good cut.

232323232%7Ffp%3B%3C4%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B%3B5%3A5%3A%3B%3B335nu0mrj

This sundress is from Macy's and was also a First Cruise purchase:). I'll wear it in Bermuda, along with the yellow Ann Klein wedges. The photo after that shows the little yellow cardigan to be worn if/when I get chilly.

232323232%7Ffp%3B84%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B%3B5988%3A%3B335nu0mrj

And with the short-sleeve cardigan:

232323232%7Ffp%3B84%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B%3B5988%3A%3B335nu0mrj

OOPS!!! Copied a photo twice. Next post, I'll add the correct one and a couple more photos...

Edited by indiana71

You are just too cute, CCF!! And love that you have flowering trees already in your backyard (we're working on it here in Boston but not quite yet).

Both outfits are great. And kudos on the new hair color and cut. I always thought you looked just fine, but this color is a bit more subtle and there seems to be less volume in your hair which is flattering.

I envy you all of your clothes. You're inspiring to spend more money on myself. I would never have two complete weeks of summer clothes to wear!

Here's the little yellow cardigan (Dress is blowing, it's windy!!):

232323232%7Ffp%3B78%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B%3B5988%3B2335nu0mrj

Here's my outfit for Giovanni's Table (a specialty restaurant where smart casual is suggested for ladies and jackets for men). Dress is Ann Taylor, heels are (again) Ann Klein.

232323232%7Ffp%3B55%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B%3B5988%3B3335nu0mrj

Here's are 2 shorts outfits. The weather in May should be warm enough to wear shorts a couple days...

232323232%7Ffp%3B6%3B%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B%3B5988%3B5335nu0mrj

Shorts in both photos are from TJ Maxx, tops are Talbot's. White sandals are Naot and printed wedges are from PayLess.

232323232%7Ffp%3B%3A7%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B%3B5988%3B6335nu0mrj

That's it for now. Don't know if more photos will get taken before Packing begins...

Indiana ... you look lovely!!!! Very Caribbean ... I can hear the steel drums!

I have been obsessed with finding shoes for our upcoming Med cruise, I recently sprained my ankle so am going to have to stick with flats for almost all of my outfits ... well there's no way I will for formal night, lol but I will have to figure that out too!!!

here are a few that I just purchased at DSW (shoe heaven)

black.jpg.6ea5e8048d40c5f683fb1a97043abd5e.jpg

ivorygold.jpg.2d5efb7c208157fec8ab77f7640147e8.jpg

DH was nice enough to be my photographer today. The first picture is what I will wear for traveling to Baltimore, SailAway and dinner. The Capris and top are Talbot's, jewelry is Inch of Gold from RCI (except that it's silver); and the sandals are from Cruise #1! - lime Naturalizers.

I'll add a lightweight white jacket if necessary and for dinner, switch out the sandals for white Ann Klein wedges.

My hair doesn't look much different...but the color is more vibrant and it's much easier to style now that I have a good cut.

232323232%7Ffp%3B%3C4%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3B%3B5%3A5%3A%3B%3B335nu0mrj

This sundress is from Macy's and was also a First Cruise purchase:). I'll wear it in Bermuda, along with the yellow Ann Klein wedges. The photo after that shows the little yellow cardigan to be worn if/when I get chilly.

And with the short-sleeve cardigan:

OOPS!!! Copied a photo twice. Next post, I'll add the correct one and a couple more photos...

Your hair looks great. The cut is beautiful. Love your outfits and really like the yellow shoes.