Caribbean-Cruising Fashonista

indiana71

Very last minute - we booked yesterday evening and we sail on Sunday. Yes it leaves from Seattle so no flight involved.

New cruise line for us too, we have only ever sailed RCI and this time it is Holland America.

Still having health issues, but for now at least done with all the tests/visits/scans etc.

Oh, how exciting!! That is a dream of mine, to wake up in the morning and tell hubby...."I think I want to go on a cruise next week!" and then book it!! :D Have a fabulous time!

So, I am packed, had mani/pedi this morning, haircut and eyebrow wax this afternoon!

Went to Target and picked up some mosquito repellant and some other bits and pieces.

Cruise documents printed and in folder with passport.

Camera ready, batteries charged, memory cards empty.

Meds already to go.

Will post pics when we return!!

It's been a whirlwind couple of days but excting!

Scrapnana: A "World Cruise Fashion" thread would be very popular among CCFs, entertaining and enlightening.

All CCFs in favor say "Aye!"

I've seen lots of Live Posts and wonder how the cruiser finds time to sit at his/her computer...BUT following along is so much fun and more and more electronic devices are being used. Gotta love all this technology:)!

Just got an email from Zappos - big sale on sandals...maybe something will be perfect for The Next Cruise...

BTW - I have a sample size of Clinique's Repairwear Laser Focus. None of these "look younger" products have ever lived up to the hype. This one does! Honestly, those nasty parentheses around my mouth have gotten a little less noticeable:). I keep looking in the mirror to see if it's just my imagination...This product is expensive (around $80!) but it's been 2 weeks and there ARE results. Maybe the investment is worth it...I'll decide soon...

QUESTION: Do you have a product that really has makes a difference?

How is the Clinique's Repairwear Laser Focus working? I don't see much difference in my forehead. I am putting it on once a day and not every day. I guess I should use it more?

Sorry if I am getting off topic here, but I have a question that maybe you can help me out with. I have dark circles. I have a mixed background, with German, English, lots of Polish, etc. Have any of you used a product that actually lightens them?

geocruiser: RepairWear is still being applied faithfully twice a day...but I'm not sure if it's worth the $$. I have 3 sample bottles and will continue, but after the first 2 weeks - no more diminishing of "parentheses" around my mouth.

laurspag: Never had serious dark circles, but L'Oreal true match crayon corrector evens out the little bit of darkness under my eyes. Clinique all about eyes concealer is a little heavier and I sometimes use that.

It feels like autumn today - 59 and leaves falling! SailAway is under 90 days...Packing Process is getting closer:cool::).

Sorry if I am getting off topic here, but I have a question that maybe you can help me out with. I have dark circles. I have a mixed background, with German, English, lots of Polish, etc. Have any of you used a product that actually lightens them?

I just started doing red light therapy. It is supposed to help with dark spots, acne and stretch marks. I haven't done it enough to have an opinion on how well it works, but I figured it was worth a try. You can google for lots of information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a photo of The Red Dress from the back. DH took a front view too, but in that one, you can't see that the fabric is lace. Besides, I love the back zipper - have you noticed how zippers seem to be a feature now?

The front of the dress is very plain. I probably won't wear a necklace since IMHO that would clash with the lace.

BTW - DH likes the dress:). He was funny during the "photo shoot". The lawn care guys were at the neighbor's - that's why I did the silly pose.;)

(Disclaimer: This dress was purchased in August, before my 3 month moratorium on buying Cruise Clothes).

Yesterday, after my hair appointment - my first test. Would I be tempted to "shop". NO!! But I did go to the Clinique counter (cosmetics aren't part of the No Buying pledge), and purchased Brow Shaper in wheat. Haven't used it yet, but am hoping using the brush and powder will work better and appear more natural than pencils.

232323232%7Ffp%3B76%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D3645839938335nu0mrj

Edited by indiana71

Love the back of the dress, Indiana!

I think you'll like the powder eyebrow eyebrow stuff better than the pencil. I finally got my MIL to try the powder by taking her to Sephora. A lovely young guy showed her how to use it and helped pick the perfect shade for her. Her brows look much more natural now than they ever did when SHE used the pencil. Good luck! :)

Here is a photo of The Red Dress from the back. DH took a front view too, but in that one, you can't see that the fabric is lace. Besides, I love the back zipper - have you noticed how zippers seem to be a feature now?

The front of the dress is very plain. I probably won't wear a necklace since IMHO that would clash with the lace.

BTW - DH likes the dress:). He was funny during the "photo shoot". The lawn care guys were at the neighbor's - that's why I did the silly pose.;)

(Disclaimer: This dress was purchased in August, before my 3 month moratorium on buying Cruise Clothes).

Yesterday, after my hair appointment - my first test. Would I be tempted to "shop". NO!! But I did go to the Clinique counter (cosmetics aren't part of the No Buying pledge), and purchased Brow Shaper in wheat. Haven't used it yet, but am hoping using the brush and powder will work better and appear more natural than pencils.

232323232%7Ffp%3B76%3Enu%3D3335%3E%3A64%3E566%3EWSNRCG%3D3645839938335nu0mrj

Look great on you! Love the color too One question, how is it when you sit on the zipper?

PS I am still using the wrinkle cream, does not seem to do much. But I will use it two times a day like you said.

Scrapnana: I gave up ALL clothes shopping:eek:! We have a formal dinner to attend in November...and the red dress will be perfect - whew!!

geocruiser: The zipper isn't a problem...reminds me of an Embarrassing Situation: Many years ago DH & I attended a Dinner-Dance. I had on a formal long dress w/ a halter top. On the dance floor we were jitterbugging. DH put his hands around my waist and was attempting to pick me up...and my zipper split open:eek::eek:. The zipper was broken, but that didn't stop us for long. I wrapped my shawl around my waist and we continued to dance...just not so vigorously:rolleyes:.

Repairwear: My most noticeable results were during the first week. The "parentheses" are still there, but not quite as deep. It's been a month for me. I'll continue to use the 3 sample bottles, but not going to spend the $$ for a big bottle. My samples should last at least a month to 6 weeks.

The local Clinique counter lady thinks a "new & improved" Repairwear is due out in January...

Red is my favorite color, although I haven't found the perfect one for myself. I have the wheat brow powder in the Clinique and love it.. Hope you do too.My sons wedding is in two weeks from today, so excited. Then start packing for our cruise that's three weeks later, can't wait!!! Also noticed your hair, looks great!!

Scrapnana: I gave up ALL clothes shopping:eek:! We have a formal dinner to attend in November...and the red dress will be perfect - whew!!

geocruiser: The zipper isn't a problem...reminds me of an Embarrassing Situation: Many years ago DH & I attended a Dinner-Dance. I had on a formal long dress w/ a halter top. On the dance floor we were jitterbugging. DH put his hands around my waist and was attempting to pick me up...and my zipper split open:eek::eek:. The zipper was broken, but that didn't stop us for long. I wrapped my shawl around my waist and we continued to dance...just not so vigorously:rolleyes:.

Repairwear: My most noticeable results were during the first week. The "parentheses" are still there, but not quite as deep. It's been a month for me. I'll continue to use the 3 sample bottles, but not going to spend the $$ for a big bottle. My samples should last at least a month to 6 weeks.

The local Clinique counter lady thinks a "new & improved" Repairwear is due out in January...

Love your story. It is great to go with the flow.

I am now going to try to keep up using the repairwear and see what happens.

Edited by geocruiser

hello fellow fashionistas! I posted once before regarding the eyebrow pencil question and didn't introduce myself...but I have read this ENTIRE thread and know I have found my people:) Planning my wardrobe is one of the biggest pleasures of cruising for me. So much information and so many tips---thank you.

I have a question about footwear...has anyone tried the Jack Rogers brand of sandals?.....my daughter suggested them as a multi functional shoe for shorts and casual dresses. Can anyone recommend them? I'm looking at the Classic Navajo flat in silver.

http://www.zappos.com/jack-rogers-hamptons-classic-navajo-flat-silver?zfcTest=fcl%3A0

hello fellow fashionistas! I posted once before regarding the eyebrow pencil question and didn't introduce myself...but I have read this ENTIRE thread and know I have found my people:) Planning my wardrobe is one of the biggest pleasures of cruising for me. So much information and so many tips---thank you.

I have a question about footwear...has anyone tried the Jack Rogers brand of sandals?.....my daughter suggested them as a multi functional shoe for shorts and casual dresses. Can anyone recommend them? I'm looking at the Classic Navajo flat in silver.

http://www.zappos.com/jack-rogers-hamptons-classic-navajo-flat-silver?zfcTest=fcl%3A0

I don't know anything about the brand but those are very cute!

dancin'1141: I agree, sandals are cute but I know nothing about the brand. My comment (only an opinion) is no arch could be a negative and, for me, the midwedge version would be easier to wear for a long period of time, but if flats are your go-to, the style shown should be comfortable...and Fashionista worthy:).

BTW: Cudos to you for reading the ENTIRE thread!!!!icon14.gif Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

thank you boobsahoy! I think they would satisfy my casual day shoe and casual night shoe requirements. I am trying to streamline shoe packing:)

Indiana71: flats are my go to shoe and I would wear these around the ship and to dinner with casual dresses, but not touring or all day walking. You are right, I will need arch support for those activities. thanks for the encouragement:)

thank you boobsahoy! I think they would satisfy my casual day shoe and casual night shoe requirements. I am trying to streamline shoe packing:)

Indiana71: flats are my go to shoe and I would wear these around the ship and to dinner with casual dresses' date=' but not touring or all day walking. You are right, I will need arch support for those activities. thanks for the encouragement:)[/quote']

Sorry but that made me chuckle.....:D I wondered why I never noticed THAT name before!

I am so excited just bought a black dress at dress barn has a little bling around the neck and layered look a few like ruffles ( I guess best way to describe) down front sleeveless (not a huge fan of) but I got a cute shawl to wear over it for formal night yeah thats done...now bring on my cruise wish I knew how to put a picture on here...