Where can you swim with stingrays?

singjenn

Howdy! We have swam with the stingrays in Grand Cayman and I was wondering what other options there is besides there? We love Grand Cayman and wouldn't mind going back. We have been to all the other ports that are available with Grand Cayman and we don't really want to go to thsoe places this soon after visiting them UNLESS they offer swimming with stingrays that we didn't know about. I was hoping some of you might now another great location for stingrays or is Grand Cayman the only one? Thanks y'all!

Swam with them in Nassau. It was an excursion with Carnival. Got to swim with the stingrays and then spend the rest of the time at the beach. However, personally, this excursion was not nearly as cool as in Grand Cayman. In Nassau, the stingrays are "enclosed" by nets right off the beach. You waded out to them and they swim around. I thought the experience of being out on a sandbar in the middle of the ocean was a lot more fun.

Swam with them in Nassau. It was an excursion with Carnival. Got to swim with the stingrays and then spend the rest of the time at the beach. However, personally, this excursion was not nearly as cool as in Grand Cayman. In Nassau, the stingrays are "enclosed" by nets right off the beach. You waded out to them and they swim around. I thought the experience of being out on a sandbar in the middle of the ocean was a lot more fun.

YES! We are looking for the same thing as Grand Cayman. I'm guessing there aren't any other stingray sandbars in cruise options???

I agree on Grand Turk. Gibbs Cay is heavenly and the stingrays there were friendly too. The good thing about that excursion is after you'vbe played with the stingrays you can sit and tan, swim, walk around the island, or snorkel...

Of course sitting at M'ville after is fun too....the DJ's are quite good at making people have as much fun as they can

I agree on Grand Turk. Gibbs Cay is heavenly and the stingrays there were friendly too. The good thing about that excursion is after you'vbe played with the stingrays you can sit and tan, swim, walk around the island, or snorkel...

Of course sitting at M'ville after is fun too....the DJ's are quite good at making people have as much fun as they can

Gibbs Cay sounds wonderful! How do you get there? Is it something you have to do an excursion? Or can you book a third party or can you walk? We have our own snorkel equipment and this sounds fabulous!!!

Howdy! We have swam with the stingrays in Grand Cayman and I was wondering what other options there is besides there? We love Grand Cayman and wouldn't mind going back. We have been to all the other ports that are available with Grand Cayman and we don't really want to go to thsoe places this soon after visiting them UNLESS they offer swimming with stingrays that we didn't know about. I was hoping some of you might now another great location for stingrays or is Grand Cayman the only one? Thanks y'all!

Did this in Grand Turk with my grandaughter.

I have this booked in April! Was it as fun as Grand Caymen?

Yes. Better because we were the only boat there. Did it with coral breeze if I remember right.

To enjoy the sharks, get in the water fast. Once many excursion guests get in the water they tend to leave. Very timid animal.

The first 3 or 4 of us got to feed them and touch them.

Gibbs Cay in Grand Turk is the best! We did a Carnival excursion that was pretty cheap. They met you by the shopping area and took you on a catamaran to the Cay..stopping for snorkeling on the way. If you don't want to snorkel off the boat you can do so at the island.

Plenty of time for Margaritaville when you get back to the dock.

Archived