FLL taxi-car rental

CanadianMAG

I have finally decided on a hotel for our post cruise. It is about $100 more then what we wanted to pay.. but OH WELL

Anyway, I called the hotel they said it is 25 minutes from the aiport and 20 minutes from the port. She also said it was about $25.00 cab ride each time. So I figure it will be 70.00 with tip...

I was going to rent a car to save money. Is the renal places close to the port?? Id it really worth it to rent a car to save money? With the hassel to rent?

I know we will not be cruising around in it to check our the Flordia sites

The hotel is Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa

The airport rental car facilities also serve Port Everglades as they're adjacent. If you're not going to be doing any driving around other than to and from the hotel though I personally wouldn't mess with it. It may save you a small amount of money, but the hassle of it all and loading and unloading the luggage multiple times wouldn't be worth it to me. Plus if you leave a rental car at the hotel overnight there's probably a hefty charge for that, which may make it more expensive than a taxi in the end. The Westin Diplomat is a good choice, I'm sure you'll like it.

If you want to save some $$$ (and you are able to cancel the Westin), you should be able to get a 4* hotel on Priceline for less than $100/night at that time of year. The hotels on the beach or downtown are only a $10-$15 cab ride to the port and airport.

I have found that even the least expensive car rentals are still $50+ after taxes/fees.

As I recall Flash they wanted a very special hotel to celebrate the last few days of their honeymoon in... And I would say the Diplomat definitely fits that! It's a SPECTACULAR property!!!

I didnt think of the overnight parking costs!!! So I guess it works out to be the same it is about $20.00 a night for this.

Looks like we will take a cab!!

Thanks for your help

And you are correct, we do want a very nice place for the last night alone before reality hits again!!:D

Archived