Snorkelling and Beach non excursion

Matlily

Hi Everyone,

Off to Grand Cayman again! last time I did the Ray, Reefs and Rum Point tour with Nativeways and the time before I have done the discover scuba diving day.

I want to this time do a shore snorkel at Eden Beach? what is the charge there? I hear its walking distance from the port? how far?

After Snorkelling want to head to Seven Mile beach for some Food and relax, How much is it to get there, are buses reliable? do they go? is it best to get a cab and how much is a cab ride there and back?

Thanks in advance for any advice you have to give.

:)

Hi Everyone,

Off to Grand Cayman again! last time I did the Ray, Reefs and Rum Point tour with Nativeways and the time before I have done the discover scuba diving day.

I want to this time do a shore snorkel at Eden Beach? what is the charge there? I hear its walking distance from the port? how far?

After Snorkelling want to head to Seven Mile beach for some Food and relax, How much is it to get there, are buses reliable? do they go? is it best to get a cab and how much is a cab ride there and back?

Thanks in advance for any advice you have to give.

:)

Eden Roc is around the port to the right about a 1/4 mile . I think now they must rent you a snorkel vest and of course there is a rental charge for a locker.

Be sure to keep paddling out till you get to the reef ,more fish ,bigger fish more coral.7 mile beach is the other way ...it has been several years but a taxi was $4 each way and it seemed there was always one available...hope i helped

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks that was very helpful, still looking on where to park ourselves (lounger) ;) at seven Mile beach after Snorkelling, we need some where to hangout get lunch and enjoy the beach.

We did the reverse plan during Christmas week. Went to Royal Palm ($4 pp in a van - we were the first group let off. Maybe a 10 min drive.) Stayed for a few hours. The food from the grill smelled fantastic (too early for us to eat)and the beach was beautiful. Plenty of cabs around when we wanted to leave to go back to port and then snorkeled from Eden Rock. Paid, I believe, $15 for equipment (we don't have our own) and maybe $2 for a locker. The Eden Rock people were clear about directions. They are not the Eden Rock/Paradise Grill location, but just past that site in a small dive shack. Knew we were in the right place when we saw people who looked very experienced leaving from the site. It was the best plan/day of our cruise. Perfect day. Enjoy your cruise!

We were just in grand cayman last week and first snorkeled at Eden Rock. We had our own gear so just needed the mandatory life vest for $5 pp and the rented chairs at their tiny beach for $5 each as well. The snorkeling was wonderful with lots to see. We then took the bus (which was easy and reliable and cost only $2.50 pp to anywhere you wanted to go) to the public beach. There you could also rent chairs and/or umbrellas but we didn't so not sure on price. Was a great day and a reasonable price.:D

Archived