Savings Certificate - is this normal?

dcward89

My DH and I were on the Serenade last week. While on board we booked a b2b for Jan/Feb, 2012. This morning I get an e-mail from C & A and there is a Savings Certificate for the first leg of our trip. The coupon says it has to be used by March 31, 2011. I call C & A to have the savings certificate applied to our booking. The gentleman told me I would need to fax or email the information to C & A and that they can only apply the savings certificate over the phone if we are within 30 days of sailing. That makes no sense to me since within 30 days of sailing will put us long past the expiration date of the savings certificate. I went ahead and emailed our information to C & A and will patiently wait a few days to see how it is handled. I was just curious if this is how it normally works...I've never been on a sailing that had a savings certificate so I haven't dealt with this procedure yet.

I have used a savings certificate a number of times and have always had to mail or fax them in. Once they get it, they will apply it to your reservation. So far, I haven't had any problems with the certs being applied correctly.

Thank you for the response. I wish Royal Caribbean would get a little more streamlined in their procedures. It seems crazy to have to fax or mail certificates to them...who uses mail anymore??? The C & A rep did say I could e-mail them referencing the offer code so that's what I did. I'm sure it will be applied appropriately but I will double check!!!

You cannot combine them with your crown & anchor discount.

We just hit diamond status this summer.

Yesterday I recieved their 'wonderful coupons' in an email.

I called Royal Caribbean this morning & was told, as ususal, that really don't apply to me.

They said they are best for people with very low status on the trip getting lower catagory rooms....

...then why send them out to me??? Very annoying. I think they are the only cruise line that appears to try & confuse people like this. This has been complained about for years but they do not seem to care.

My DH and I were on the Serenade last week. While on board we booked a b2b for Jan/Feb, 2012. This morning I get an e-mail from C & A and there is a Savings Certificate for the first leg of our trip. The coupon says it has to be used by March 31, 2011. I call C & A to have the savings certificate applied to our booking. The gentleman told me I would need to fax or email the information to C & A and that they can only apply the savings certificate over the phone if we are within 30 days of sailing. That makes no sense to me since within 30 days of sailing will put us long past the expiration date of the savings certificate. I went ahead and emailed our information to C & A and will patiently wait a few days to see how it is handled. I was just curious if this is how it normally works...I've never been on a sailing that had a savings certificate so I haven't dealt with this procedure yet.

I have a feeling that the fella that you spoke with thought you were wanting to redeem a certificate from BofA.........thus his comment about applying it over the phone within 30 days, which is their rule. If you are beyond 30 days then you can just send it in.

When you booked your cruises on board you were given an OBC and then either the choice of a balcony discount or the use of an C&A Savings Certificate. Unfortunatel you can only combine one benefit with your OBC.

Unless I'm missing something on the C & A website, there is no balcony discount for Gold members. We have only cruised with RCI 2 times so we are still Gold and I just read that the savings certificates can be used with the obc onboard booking bonus.

I booked my trip on-line last week. When I went to enter my C&A Savings Certificate code, it told me repeatedly that it was invalid. Long story short, I called C&A and was given the email, fax and address to turn it it. I decided to email the info, which was my C&A #, ressie #, and the certificate code...My savings were applied within an hour :D

Unless I'm missing something on the C & A website, there is no balcony discount for Gold members. We have only cruised with RCI 2 times so we are still Gold and I just read that the savings certificates can be used with the obc onboard booking bonus.

Balcony discounts are for Platinum and up. But you should check your C&A certificates first. I was going to use my balcony discount, but the certificate was worth $50 more.

I'm only Gold too and am grateful to have the Crown and Anchor coupon to take some money off the cost of my trip - every little bit helps! I scanned the coupon and used a free-faxing website to get my coupon to Royal Caribbean. Yes, you can combine the coupon with the onboard booking bonus.

Since you do not qualify for a balcony discount then you do qualify for the C&A Certificate along with your OBC.

On the Savings Certificate is a 4 Letter Code like HAXL or HAXM, etc. Email coupons@rrcl.com with your names, booking number, sailing date and C&A Certificate code.

I'm only Gold too and am grateful to have the Crown and Anchor coupon to take some money off the cost of my trip - every little bit helps! I scanned the coupon and used a free-faxing website to get my coupon to Royal Caribbean. Yes, you can combine the coupon with the onboard booking bonus.

Totally agree... EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS :)!!!!!

Same thing I did. Signed up on board, then got the saving cert applied when I got home via fax. 65$ off the cruise and 100$ OBC... fine by me!

Archived