Hotel before and after cruise from Miami

jobu

Help. Sailing the Century on 2/24/11. DH and I are flying in from NY the day before cruise, and flying back day after (3/1/11). Have looked into hotel rooms in downtown Miami area and prices are crazy high. I'm hoping that some cruise pros can suggest a nice, clean and inexpensive place to stay.

There must be something going on that week, because the rates are higher than normal. I booked through lastminutetravel dot com in December and got the Intercontinental which is in downtown right on the bay and a 5 star hotel for $95. For your date it is $171 (it's the first one that pops up if you click on 5 stars). When looking at their website those rooms are going for $450 so that saves you $300!!! That's still a good deal for that hotel. It's a short walk to Bayside Marketplace to get something to eat and entertainment and your right across the street from a CVS to get last minute items.

http://www.icmiamihotel.com/?cm_mmc=tig-_-icmiami-_-yahoobing-_-brand

After the cruise, I booked a hotel through priceline because I wanted to stay on the beach and got the Eden Roc for $100. I don't know what it's going for now, but you can't go wrong if you put in your parameters, i.e. beach and the area you want to stay, and stay above 4 stars. You will get a nice hotel. Or use lastminute travel.

Good luck!

Help. Sailing the Century on 2/24/11. DH and I are flying in from NY the day before cruise, and flying back day after (3/1/11). Have looked into hotel rooms in downtown Miami area and prices are crazy high. I'm hoping that some cruise pros can suggest a nice, clean and inexpensive place to stay.

If you go to the (North American) Florida departures board, you will get tons of recs. You'll find it on the opening page of forum topics.;)

We have stayed at the Downtown Holiday Inn for our last two cruises. Not a 5-star hotel, however rooms are clean and quiet, and it's conveniently located, about a 10 minute cab ride from the cruise terminal. Directly across the street from Bayside, which most will say is a tourist trap, but there are several good restaurants and lots of shops to kill time in. Also CVS is a block away for your wine and last minute purchases.

The hotel has a restaurant as well. We've done breakfast there and have been very pleased.

From Miami International it's about a $28 cab ride, that includes tip.

Due to the great suggestions received here, I was able to get some great deals on rooms in Miami through lastminutetravel.com:). There was a huge savings over trying to book those same rooms directly with hotels. Thank you CC Members.

Archived