Horseback riding on a beach

daigleclan

I am looking for recent information on horseback riding in St Maarten. I have seen Bayside (whose website is under construction) and Lucky Stables. Are these the only two? I am looking to take my 11 yo daughter for a ride that takes you into the water. She has had a few lessons so is comfortable with horses. Any information and suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

Daiglecian , We have used both Lucky and Bayside . We are experienced riders , so we would go with Bayside if we go again . Bayside charged us $110 US for 1&1/2 hrs I think where as we went to Lucky for about $65 US now that was 3 yrs ago . I would give them both high reviews on carefulness and attentiveness.

When we went to Lucky we were in a group of maybe 10 people and everyone received excellent attention and seemed to have a great time . I will say they were very good with inexperienced riders . They are located over on the Dutch side and from what I have read have changed their trail . But when we went we rode from the stables about a mile up to a rocky trail that wound around to a nice secluded beach . There they took each rider into the ocean for photo ops . Bring your camera . The ride itself was extremely pleasant and again the guides were wonderful and patient . When we went there the stables were in a kinda run down urban area , like where you would find auto shops in a US city . But once you got to the rocky trail it was very beautiful , I have read they moved their stable but I am not sure. No running.

We like to run and just go and that is why I feel we were a better fit at Bayside . We went out to the nature preserve , just runnin' . It was my wife, me and a guide . He actually seemed to love the fact that he could just ride and not worry about us . The nature area was wonderful for scenery and from there you go up Le Galion beach in the water or out , up to you , and pretty much up to Orient beach where you turn and head back in to the stable. Another plus to this location is that we went to the butterfly farm right next door after riding and then spent the rest of the day at Le Galion Beach , a wonderful day with just one cab ride in and one ride out . Can't tell you how

they are with kids or novices , but I think that's all I got . Ted Questions?

For what it's worth , We have ridden at a lot of places our favorite to date is Max's " Atlantic Stables" in St Lucia , might wanna put it in your bucket list ,unbelievable country side!

Daiglecian , We have used both Lucky and Bayside . We are experienced riders , so we would go with Bayside if we go again . Bayside charged us $110 US for 1&1/2 hrs I think where as we went to Lucky for about $65 US now that was 3 yrs ago . I would give them both high reviews on carefulness and attentiveness.

When we went to Lucky we were in a group of maybe 10 people and everyone received excellent attention and seemed to have a great time . I will say they were very good with inexperienced riders . They are located over on the Dutch side and from what I have read have changed their trail . But when we went we rode from the stables about a mile up to a rocky trail that wound around to a nice secluded beach . There they took each rider into the ocean for photo ops . Bring your camera . The ride itself was extremely pleasant and again the guides were wonderful and patient . When we went there the stables were in a kinda run down urban area , like where you would find auto shops in a US city . But once you got to the rocky trail it was very beautiful , I have read they moved their stable but I am not sure. No running.

We like to run and just go and that is why I feel we were a better fit at Bayside . We went out to the nature preserve , just runnin' . It was my wife, me and a guide . He actually seemed to love the fact that he could just ride and not worry about us . The nature area was wonderful for scenery and from there you go up Le Galion beach in the water or out , up to you , and pretty much up to Orient beach where you turn and head back in to the stable. Another plus to this location is that we went to the butterfly farm right next door after riding and then spent the rest of the day at Le Galion Beach , a wonderful day with just one cab ride in and one ride out . Can't tell you how

they are with kids or novices , but I think that's all I got . Ted Questions?

For what it's worth , We have ridden at a lot of places our favorite to date is Max's " Atlantic Stables" in St Lucia , might wanna put it in your bucket list ,unbelievable country side!

I was just earlier today looking at such an excursion through Island Marketing. I love the idea of Bayside because of what you mentioned about being able to spend the rest of the day at Galion Beach. May I ask who you booked with or where I can get booking and cost info? Bayside's website is underconstruction so I can't get any info from there. :) Who else can I book Bayside through, or do you know if thats who Island Marketing books with?

LJB , Luv your screen name , who don't ? lol Welcome to Cruise Critic ! I just called the phone number . I spoke slowly and the girl at the other end was very nice and spoke ok English . Every one we met at Bayside was French BTW .

I have read that people had trouble getting through but I'll tell ya if I was charged extra for the call from the US , it was nominal as I didn't notice .

Also when we came back from our ride they were putting people in a ring , I believe to see how well they ride . Dunno . But again I used the telephone to contact , I usually do when given the option .

The Butterfly farm and Le galion are wonderful things to do as well ! Good Luck ! Ted

Bonjour,

my daughter who ride horses 4 days a week always dreamed to ride a horse into the sea water. Last year, we decided to give her this opportunity. We did it at the Lucky Stables. The weather was not perfect, very cloudy, but we had great time. We had the opportunity to see a baby horse who was less then 24 hours old. All the peoples at the stables were friendly and the horses were perfect. We had real good time. One thing I should mention, they take good care of the horses and this was very important for us. He are some pictures taken before, during and after the tour. The guide took the pictures when I was on a horse and a lady took the pictures when we were in the water.

http://danielbouchard.zenfolio.com/p600317774/h38bb4a91#h38bb4a91

Have good time !

Thanks to all who responded. We ended up not booking a horseback riding excursion due to time (we sailed just a few days after posting). I wish I had heard about the horseback riding earlier. Oh well, guess we'll have to take another cruise to do that. We ended up at Orient Beach for the day and had a great day just beaching it.

One thing I forgot to mention, not all the taxi drivers will want to go as far as Lucky Stable. I can provide you the email of the driver we had as I still have his card.

Hi Dan we are interested in booking a visit to Lucky and would appreciate the driver contact. Thank you!

The email on William business card does not work, but I have two mobile phone

number : (599) 553-2654 and (559) 580-1085

I hope that you'll be able to reach him as most of the taxi drivers don't want

to go so far.

Booking with him or any other taxi would be the best way to avoid some stress

when on the island.

Good luck and have good time in St. Martin & the other islands you'll visit !

Note : I know that you got my mail, but these informations could benefit to other cruiser.

Archived