OMG - One week from tomorrow! Getting anxious :-)

Tammy25

Hi Ladies,

I am starting to go crazy! I don't know where the day went today!

I have had an extremely rough week and my nerves are soooo on edge! Help! I'm nervous about getting everything together and getting it all to Florida! I don't want to forget anything. I am having a run of bad luck with my dress. I went for my dress today and UGH! The seamstress was not pleasant and the dress was a mess! I wanted to cry when I put it on (and not in a good way). My best friend was with me and .we both stared at eachother and were speechless! I couldn't even talk...I was so unhappy with the job she did. I asked for a french bustle and what I got was a mess! She was in such a hurry also and I put it on..she said ."it looks good" then unzipped the dress! I was like WAIT A MINUTE! I'm the bride and it's all about the dress, right? OMG...she was in such a hurry. The dress wasn't bustled so she quickly went to bustle it and I found out later that she had it all tied wrong which is why it looked awful. Also, I saw purple marks all over the dress! She used a fabric marker all over the place! My friend and I went out to the car and talked things over because I was going to leave the dress there for her to press and I would pick up the day before I leave (the 16th). After we talked and almost cried, I decided to go back in and get the dress. We took it and ran to David's Bridal and asked for help. They were wonderful! This woman came out who does the alterations and hung the dress up. She looked at it and said "what a mess"! Agreed! She saw the marks on the dress and couldn't believe it. She then figured out why it looked so bad and fixed it (the bustle). The ribbons were all tied in the wrong places and she forgot 2 of them. She was surprised to see that she didn't number the ties or color code them. I was too because she was supposed to do that! After I calmed down a bit and saw that it looked better, she took the dress back and pressed it for me. She said that sometimes the pressing gets rid of the fabric marker spots. Well it took care of the one's we saw but then after she pressed it, we found lots more on the sides of the dress where she took it in. TRIPLE UGH! It wasn't pressed completely and will need it done again so hopefully the spots will disappear! I'm a bundle of nerves now!

My shoes are slipping off my feet, I also lost 5 pounds since I had the dress on last and if I lose any more weight, the dress will fall down! I haven't been well and not eating much so I guess I have to change that. I can't lose anymore weight! Now is NOT a good time! The necklace I bought doesn't go with the dress nor does the hairpiece. I can't win! The salesperson at David's Bridal along with my best friend scrambled through the jewelry to find something to wear with this dress. We found a very pretty set that goes perfect. I'm stuck trying to make the shoes work. I bought the gel inserts which help some but one shoe still slips off cause I have one foot bigger than the other. I'm freaking out..I still have nothing for my hair and my dress still has issues. I'm leaving for Florida Wednesday morning! I have no idea what I'm packing clothing wise yet. I can't think!

Oh, and here's the next best part...I had to order flowers ONCE AGAIN! this is the 3rd time! The people I ordered the flowers with didn't get my order together because they said "they were affected by the bad weather" (they are in Texas) I was livid! I scrambled online Tuesday morning to find someone else to do my flowers. I was lucky to find someone and she spent 2 hours with me on the phone putting an order together. I could talk to her and look at her website so we were able to come up with ideas easily. She was a pleasure to talk too and was a very big help! She started working on my flowers that night and was in constant contact with me (email and phone). She sent me pictures on Wednesday and we tweaked it from there. By Wednesday night, it was perfect! This morning she emailed me all the pictures and WOW..she did an awesome job! I can't begin to thank her enough because she shipped them today - 2 day UPS! WOW! They are on the way! How cool is that! Plus she gives a discount for military weddings. It was a great deal and I highly recommend her! I just wish she could fix all my other problems!! :confused:

Her website is:

http://www.weddingflowers-silk.com/index.html

Her name is Pat

I will attach a picture of my bouquet to give you a peek at what it looks like.

Now it's on to my hair...I may just go without anything in my hair. I just got it colored and styled. It's short and cute. I just can't find anything I really like and that matches. I'm thinking about a rose/flower clip..something simple. I had a headband in red with a rose but the reds don't match. Any suggestions?

I've decided to wear the train down for the ceremony. I was emailed pictures of the library where the ceremony will be held. It's gorgeous and I'm very happy with this room...:)

I'm feeling sick at the moment..stomach in knots and in pain thanks to all this cold weather. I think I may have another herniated disc in my spine. Not good! I really can't win sometimes. I hope I start feeling better soon!

Off to sunny Florida VERY SOON!

1275670845_TammyGregory012.jpg.fca0dfa5ac1a93f4e206fdda7d4aa7e7.jpg

Best Wishes

Take a deep breath... now another

As for something for your hair I know she already sent your flowers but maybe she can do something for your hair that matches and have that sent next day or something.

Thank you Ladies and I sure need that hug!!! :):)

I took many deep breath's last week. What a BAD week it was. I'm glad it's over. Everything seemed to just go wrong! I've had to make so many changes and right at the last moment!

I'm now unsure as to what dress I'm going to wear. The dress I planned for is just a little big and has the train without a bustle. I really don't want to be dealing with carrying the train. But I absolutely LOVE the dress! I was planning on wearing it through the evening but now that would be difficult. ::(

I have another gown on backup to wear that fits and looks nice but not what I really want. I am wondering if I should take both gowns with me but that's a lot to carry to Florida. David's Bridal said I should wear my first choice for the ceremony then change into the other dress for the evening but my friend says noooooo because it's 2 different wedding gowns. The second is just plain and I was going to add a red sash to it. My other option is to go buy another simple dress to change into for the evening after the ceremony/reception.

How many of you plan on going to dinner or have gone to dinner in your wedding gown? If you change or have changed, what do you wear? Also, on formal night, what did you wear or going to wear?

I'm down to the wire here....getting sooooooooooo excited! My fiance and I had a quiet weekend..well the evenings ...he's had battle assembly all weekend but I stayed at his place, cleaned and cooked dinner for him and was here when he got home :D I soooooooooo love him and can't wait to be his wife!

I'm glad the bad week is over for you - thank goodness!!

What's wrong with two wedding dresses? Especially if they're different! Second, why would you have two dresses if they were similar? I'm planning on wearing a big ol' wedding dress during the day and possibly, hopefully getting VMMom's dress for the evening, because i ADORE it but my mother would never let me wear a short dress for the ceremony and I think a big dress will draw too much attention throughout the evening - no thank you.

I love your dress, and I know how much you love it. I'd really hope you consider wearing it because I'd hate to think of you regretting NOT wearing it later. You can always change into something simple and manageable for dinner (love the red sash idea), and there's nothing wrong with that.

Good luck with your last minute decisions! Keep breathing and don't forget to enjoy every moment (even of packing!) because this is the trip of your life and you're marrying the man of your dreams.

I thought they fixed the French bustle?! That's a really hard decision, I wish I had a great solution for you! Maybe wear the dress you love for the wedding, and change into a white cocktail or party dress for the evening? Something fun and sexy so you can dance the night away!! :D

I am planning on keeping my wedding dress on through dinner, but I think I'll get a white cocktail/ party dress for the rest of the evening! Let us know what you decide!

Archived