st. john... need something romantic

My husband and I will be on the glory this august, and will be in St. John on our 5th anniversary. Any suggestions for something special and/or romantic to do there? Thanks!

Element5 Spa in Market Square by the ship offers couple's massage ($90 each for 60 min or $125 each for 90 min). http://www.element5spa.ca/index.php

You could get picnic food from the old city market, and walk up to Fort Howe and picnic on the hill overlooking the harbour - or picnic at the Beaver Fountain in The Loyalist Burial Ground 1 block from City Market. There are some nice restaurants in the historic Trinity Royal neighborhood where the ship docks.

Thanks for the tips!

While a picnic on top of Fort Howe would be lovely, I would suggest taking a taxi from the City Market. While it is not too long a walk, you have to walk along a very busy street with several lanes of traffic. You also have to cross an overpass where there is not much room between you and the cars.

It is quite a nice walk when you can take the Harbour Passage but that will be closed again next summer due to ongoing repairs on the Harbour Bridge. The volunteer greeters at the pier were discouraging passengers from taking the walk along the street last summer as it was considered to be too dangerous. I would not walk it myself.

A nice place for lunch is Billy's Seafood which is located at the uphill end of the City Market. (between the two sets of entrance doors)

http://www.billysseafood.com/

A reservation would be a good idea on a cruise day as it is not very large. It is my favourite place to eat in SJ.

Archived