Taking 4 y/o Freedom of the Seas or Carnival Dream?

scrapstuff12

Can anybody give me some input? We went last May when he was 2 almost 3 and went on the Carnival Fascination 5 day. He loved the splash area, was a little shy yet for the camp area b/c on the first time he went in there an older kid was mean to him he said. We never went into the dining room and loved going to Atlantis.

So if we go on Dream we would have Atlantis again and could have a balcony for the same price I"d pay for an outside cabin on Freedom. We were a little disappointed by Carnival's lack of family centered activities that were appropriate for our little one. Not sure if Royal Caribbean would be any better in this regards.

Would love to hear feedback.

Thanks.

Can anybody give me some input? We went last May when he was 2 almost 3 and went on the Carnival Fascination 5 day. He loved the splash area, was a little shy yet for the camp area b/c on the first time he went in there an older kid was mean to him he said. We never went into the dining room and loved going to Atlantis.

So if we go on Dream we would have Atlantis again and could have a balcony for the same price I"d pay for an outside cabin on Freedom. We were a little disappointed by Carnival's lack of family centered activities that were appropriate for our little one. Not sure if Royal Caribbean would be any better in this regards.

Would love to hear feedback.

Thanks.

The Freedon has a very large splash zone which my g-kids loved to play in. They liked ice skating too and the free ice cream machine by the pool. I have not been on the Dream but I have been on both lines and between the 2 cruise lines, I would choose RC for activities and programs for kids.

I have not been on Dream either but RCCL's Liberty (Freedom Class) and Adventure (2nd time in 3 weeks). My son was just about 4 when we went on Liberty and the splash zone is amazing for that age. Also, the kids club on RCCL can't be beat I have been told. Adventure has a fun water slide and both have ice skating. Have fun.

I know that Freedom of the Seas is going into drydock in March, and after that will have the Dreamworks Experience with characters from Shrek and Madagascar, the royal babies and tots nursery, a 3D movie theater that shows Dreamworks movies, and a cupcake store. There's a huge pool area for kids, including an area for kids who are not potty trained. The ice show is supposed to be a lot of fun for kids, too. We're bringing our son, who will be almost 2, on Freedom this fall, and really looking forward to it. From my research, RCCL is, aside from Disney, the most family-friendly line, particularly the Freedom and Oasis class ships.

We love Carnival for the value - we like our balconies! But just got back from Freedom of the Seas with our nearly 4 year old (Birthday tomorrow) and loved it!! He absolutely loved the H2O zone. There are 2 hot tubs there that he loved too. The soft serve ice cream machine is near it too. This was his first experience with a Kids Club - he was shy and resistant at first, but he loved going by the end of the week. Only went a few times, but they were great! He also enjoyed some of the shows, hanging out on the Promenade and the crew were fantastic with the kids. DH now wants to book another cruise next year with RCL instead of Disney like we planned for his 5th Birthday. They have lots of family activities planned. We placed 2nd in the Family Scavenger Hunt, they had parades with the kids, movie time, and a Family Quest (didn't do that one). We also played mini golf and he enjoyed watching people on the Flow Rider.

Archived