What would you like RCCL to the name Sunshine ships?

RBCL

Yes I like the Majestic names such as "Empress of the Seas" and the "Queen of the Seas" "Emperor of the Seas" doesn't have to be a female name.

or what about a tribute to some of the "Classic ships" next year will be 100 years since the Titanic.

"Titanic of the Seas" ??

"Titanic of the Seas" ??

While it would be a good tribute, I think shipping companies now stay away from the Titanic name. Plus, Cunard still holds the right to the name Titanic, which Carnival owns Cunard. :rolleyes:

lmao..all kinds of food (and too much of it) oriented ones to go with.

Indigestion of the Seas

Heartburn of the Seas

Edema of the Seas

HAHA!

Do we need some Pepto Bismo of the Seas to go with that? :p

Meridian of the Seas gets my vote. Kudos to RBCL for throwing that out there.

At least they probably have enough class not to rip off the names of ships from another line (i.e. Carnival's new ships, Dream and Magic :rolleyes:).

How about going into the past and pulling out a part of a former ship's name? Maybe Song of the Seas? Maybe use a celestial name since stars used to be used for navigating, Rigel of the Seas? Orion of the Seas? :cool:

I love that idea or perhaps take the name of an old ship and put part 2 or something like that then if they have anything preserved from one of those ships place it onboard perhaps a horn :)

Cunard's got great British monarch's (Elizabeth, Victoria, Mary etc) so maybe RCL should name the new ships after great American presidents.

Lincoln of the seas, Washington of the seas etc. They could be the 'Presidential Class'

The repeating of names is nothing... look at lines like Princess and Holland America (And in the old days, NCL) who would reuse a name immediately after a ship's retirement.

Princess has reused Ocean, Star, Island, Pacific, Crown, Golden, Dawn, Royal, Sea and Dawn.

Holland America has reused Rotterdam (5 times), Westerdam (3 times), Veendam, Volendam, Statendam, Ryndam, Nieuw Amsterdam. There is also the Prinsendam, which was rather contravertial, as there is currently a Prinsendam in the HAL fleet, but it is the second ship to carry that name. The original Prinsendam caught fire and sank off the coast of Sitka, Alaska in the 1970's on it's way to Japan. The use of a ship's name that has sank is particularly seen as bad luck. In fact, the only retired HAL ship names not to have been reused (From my basic research) are Potsdam and Noordam (Holland still own the Noordam though, it is chartered out and sailing under a different name).

I can't see Royal going for anything celestial, as they need those names for Celebrity. (Due to a limited number of appropriate celestial names, Silhouette and Reflection have slightly veered away from the celestial namings).

I have my own ideas, but as someone else mentioned, will hold them back, just in case the naming goes out to the general public again.

I have my own ideas, but as someone else mentioned, will hold them back, just in case the naming goes out to the general public again.

And by general public, you mean American general public, as us European Cruisers were not eligible to enter the competition! Hope this is different for the next names.

Meridian of the Seas gets my vote. Kudos to RBCL for throwing that out there.

At least they probably have enough class not to rip off the names of ships from another line (i.e. Carnival's new ships, Dream and Magic :rolleyes:).

They might not want to use it since the Merdian was the name of the Celebrity ship that did the Panama Calnal itinerary for years (sailed on her for that itinerary) she was sold and on her way to Asia she caught fire and sank!

Cunard's got great British monarch's (Elizabeth, Victoria, Mary etc) so maybe RCL should name the new ships after great American presidents.

Lincoln of the seas, Washington of the seas etc. They could be the 'Presidential Class'

I like it...they just need to stay away from the Kennedy of the Seas...water and Kennedy doesn't mix...lol

Archived