new to CCL... pay for excursions before cruise?

SLPloves2cruise

I was browsing excursions on my "manage cruise" option and noticed that all of the excursions said "add to cart". I didn't go further as I wasn't sure if I'd have to pay now.

Do you pre-pay for Carnival excursions? I've only cruised Princess, where I reserved excursions online and it was charged to my stateroom account while I was on board.

Thank you!

I was browsing excursions on my "manage cruise" option and noticed that all of the excursions said "add to cart". I didn't go further as I wasn't sure if I'd have to pay now.

Do you pre-pay for Carnival excursions? I've only cruised Princess, where I reserved excursions online and it was charged to my stateroom account while I was on board.

Thank you!

They are paid are paid now - when you book. When you are ready - they will show on your cruise docs. Oh and it's usually about 90 days out when you can start to book the excursions. Have a great cruise!!

Deciding whether to book before or on the cruise was tough for us! We were told that if it rained and we had already booked, it didn't necessarily mean the excursion would be canceled. So we knew with our luck - we'd be swimming with the dolphins in the rain. :rolleyes:

So we waited... and promised our daughter we'd do the swimming in the dolphins excursion. Two weeks before we sailed, every dolphin excursion sold out. :eek: Thankfully our daughter was very forgiving and we replaced that with something different and still had a great time.

So my parting advice? If you have an excursion that's very important to you - go ahead and book ahead of time. :o

We are going on a cruise mid March. About a month ago, I got an email from Carnival giving me a code for 10% off excursions. We had already talked and knew which one we were going to do, so I booked it. Saved us $27 total. Now it's already paid for and one less thing I have to worry about paying during the cruise:):)

I like to book them in advance because I enjoy doing the planning ... a little OCD :)

If you don't mind the possibility that a particular excursion might sell out, you can book onboard. There are lots of excursions to choose from.

They are paid are paid now - when you book. When you are ready - they will show on your cruise docs. Oh and it's usually about 90 days out when you can start to book the excursions. Have a great cruise!!

I usually book independently, but did book one excursion through Carnival for our cruise in June. I booked the excursion six months out and it showed on my docs right away.

Archived