Which dining to choose

mominkaty

I have always had the early dining.

I would like to try the any time dining at some point because it always seems like I am in the middle of something and then before I know it, it is time to go and get ready for dinner.

Definitely "Anytime Dining"! We have done both. Last time we ended up with a great head waiter on the second night and for the remainder of the cruise we simply requested him upon arrival at the dining room. They seated us as soon as he had a free table. ~Pam

Yes, it does seem that families with younger kids go more for the early seating. We have always preferred the late seating. We still have time for all the shows and haven't missed anything yet. I asked my wife before our last cruise if she would like anytime dining. She said then and again for our upcoming cruise that she would rather stay with our normal late seating.

With a teen, Anytime is the way to go. She is usually out with the kids from Club 02 but we always said we meet for dinner, no exceptions. Anytime gave flexibility around the club 02 activities and gave us time to catch up as a family, at our own table.

Thank you for all the info on anytime dinning. I just booked the Dream for Oct and choose anytime and I think after reading all of the information that is the way to go. I have found because I am from the west coast that when I travel to Florida and choose Late Dinning that it is just to late and way to much food. We have tried early but I don't like to rush when we are in port.

Thanks again for all the info! :);)

Your son is older than the girls i'm taking on the cruise (15 &16) From what I researched I was told to do anytime or early dining with teens. Reason being, they can eat and go back to the scheduled activities. A lot of teen activities start around 8 or 9p. I decided to book early so they don't have to miss anything.

We've always enjoyed set dining because we liked getting to know others. We've usually been placed with groups similar to our own: singles with singles, couples with couples, grandparents with a teenage grandchild with another family including a teen. There is no guarantee of this, but it has been the case for us on all eight cruises. That was nice. We're still in touch with two couples met this way, and our granddaughter--six years later--traveled to NY to meet up with one of her old cruise buddies. We prefer late dining, but when traveling with a younger-than-teen grandchild, have chosen early.

Archived