The Baths. Questions...

singjenn

Hey y'all! I'm seriously considering doing the Carnival excursion to the baths. This area looks phenominal and I would love go visit there. I just have a few questions.

What do you do with your things? I really want to bring my dslr but I'm afraid it would get stolen if i left it on the beach while I snorkeled. And there is no way I'm leaving it on the ship :D

Is there a restaurant or bathroom? If so, how close?

Any other important info? Thanks!

While you are looking at taking this excursion from St. Thomas, the Baths are part of the British Virgin Islands. You will have better luck getting answers to your questions under the Tortolla board.

We did this years ago while docked in Tortola, but can explain similarities:

There are lockers at main drop off area, but they really will not do you any good, and are not near the beach that is near exit of boulders.

I brought a point in shoot camera and kept in waterproof bag-however had around neck while climbing rocks. Most areas safe-however some areas slippery, and once went over a rock and went under. Yes= wet camera. It is an amazing place for photos-just watch footing and really recommend a waterproof case. The beach area as exit boulders is amazing and not sure of amount of time for snorkeling, or if would see anything.

I would get a super secure waterproof bag, and then bag that bag and put in a backpack perhaps, or one of those back pack bags that is cut proof and lock to a tree.

From what I read through Carnival you go over on a catamaran-fast double decker type ferry and must go through customs and surrender passport to tour operator. Then take a safari type bus 15 in or so to start. Then have about 2 hours time at Baths. Travel time is 90min eachway including transfers I believe.

Archived