A couple of Kid Questions

Beach.dreamers4

We will be on the Jewel in 5 weeks for our first ever cruise! (Yay!) and I have two questions regarding the cruise and our kids...

1. Is there a separate kids menu in the MDRs or do kids just order whatever they wish from the menu?

2. We'd like to get our kids the all-day pass for the Hippo Slide on GSC, and I notice that there is a 48" height requirement. Are the kids measured on the island or when you buy the pass?

Thanks!

Jennifer

We will be on the Jewel in 5 weeks for our first ever cruise! (Yay!) and I have two questions regarding the cruise and our kids...

1. Is there a separate kids menu in the MDRs or do kids just order whatever they wish from the menu?

2. We'd like to get our kids the all-day pass for the Hippo Slide on GSC, and I notice that there is a 48" height requirement. Are the kids measured on the island or when you buy the pass?

Thanks!

Jennifer

My nieces went to GSC last March. The younger one was measured AT the hippo slide. She was literally one inch too short and was not allowed to go down the slide-they were super nice about it and we were fine with their rules. She was sooo sad but her mom took her to get her hair braided instead and she still had a ton of fun. Very fun beach day for our family.

I think there is a kids menu available but they can order off the adult menu as well...someone with kiddos can probably provide more details.

Have a great cruise,

coffeecat

We missed GSC so I can not comment on that. Although there is a slide at the main pool on the ship that my 4yo was allowed to use.

There is a kids menu available- hot dogs, fries, pasta etc or they can order off the main menu.

The "kid's buffet" was a HUGE hit with my son and he has talked about it non-stop since we got off the ship and is counting the days until we board again!

My nieces went to GSC last March. The younger one was measured AT the hippo slide. She was literally one inch too short and was not allowed to go down the slide-they were super nice about it and we were fine with their rules.

Thank you! Our son, 6, is just under 48" without shoes on...so now I know he will not be able to do the slide this time. This helps our planning...I will let him know ahead of time!

Jennifer

Thank you! Our son, 6, is just under 48" without shoes on...so now I know he will not be able to do the slide this time. This helps our planning...I will let him know ahead of time!

Jennifer

Hey Jennifer,

Let's hope for a growth spurt between now and then! I can't remember if she was measured with her shoes on or without...and he might just squeak by! So it's worth a shot to at least get him measured but I am sure you will prepare him just in case.

The Jewel is so great. Was on her in Dec. There are Nic character events daily (I don't have kids and I didn't see a Nic character once) but there was something on the agenda each day. The MDR food was really good (ranged from good to excellent) and my nieces really liked the kids food on the Gem. They also loved the kids club (one is very outgoing and the other shy) and it was almost impossible to get them to leave.

Have a great trip!

Coffeecat

Archived