Beaches near Falmouth and young children

ljzelenz

Hello we will be sailing in April and have a day in Falmouth! We are interested in going to the beach for the day! What is the closest beach to Falmouth ! How many minutes from the port? Also with 2 children what is the best way to get there! Ages 6 and 8! Are the taxis safe? Any other concerns that we should be aware of? We looked at the excursions but we are not interested in the shopping stops that the tours make on the way to and from the beach! Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

There are no really nice beaches around Falmouth but I recommend the ones in Montego Bay...there are several of them right there. Ocho Rios does not have that many beaches neither. Another place is Negril, but it will be a little far from Falmouth so best bet is Montego Bay

We just got back from falmouth on the 23rd of Feb. We took a taxi (with another family here on CC) to Iberostar Beaches. The daypass rate is $45 for adults and $25 for kids. Includes food, drink and use of all facilities. The pool was nice. I packed swimmies for my kids so they just jumped in the pool and went right to the swim up bar for their smoothies.

My kids are 5, 5 and 8 and had a ball. The beach was great, warm water clean and safe.

We had no problems getting a cab/shared van. It was $20 pp RT for the transportation and it was fairly easy.

no pre-arrangements were made on our end.

We just got back from falmouth on the 23rd of Feb. We took a taxi (with another family here on CC) to Iberostar Beaches. The daypass rate is $45 for adults and $25 for kids. Includes food, drink and use of all facilities. The pool was nice. I packed swimmies for my kids so they just jumped in the pool and went right to the swim up bar for their smoothies.

My kids are 5, 5 and 8 and had a ball. The beach was great, warm water clean and safe.

We had no problems getting a cab/shared van. It was $20 pp RT for the transportation and it was fairly easy.

no pre-arrangements were made on our end.

Thanks for the info.

Can you tell me if we have to book in advance? I went to their website and could not find out how? Do I have to call them directly?

How long was the taxi trip?

Thanks again

May check on Montego Bay (rather than Ocho Rios), there are a couple of nice beaches just a 5 minute ride from the local pier. We did not really see many other beaches near Falmouth. Rios does not have those nice Caribbean kind of beaches

• 3 weeks later...

We will be porting in Falmouth with a 5 and 9 year old on March 31st and have been researching taxi options at length. We kept finding one expensive quote after another ($130-180 round trip). Royal has an excursion called "Chukka Beach Break", but the minimum age is 5 years old due to insurance reasons. We then saw a recommendation for Gregg Connell on this message board, or Trip Advisor (I forget..)

On his website, he offers a tour for $40pp (going to Doctor Cave Beach in MoBay). We emailed him seperately and asked about transport only. He quoted us $20pp for transport into MoBay (to Cornwall Beach). Pickup is 3 hours later. It is not a private taxi, we'll be accompanied by other people, which is fine by us. Another plus for us was that he only requires a minimum 25% deposit, rather than full payment, which is less risk. We will re-post a review after we partake in his services. :)

Here is his contact information - he was very responsive. Always emailed us back within 12 hours.

Gregg Connell

Reggae Tours Customer Support

Telephone: 1-876-570-2983

Email: info@reggae-tours.com

. Another plus for us was that he only requires a minimum 25% deposit' date=' rather than full payment, which is less risk.[/quote']

I've spoke to several tour operators out of Falmouth (Trevor Hudlin, Courtney Taylor, and Admiral Bailey to name 3) that require NOTHING until day of.

We will be porting in Falmouth with a 5 and 9 year old on March 31st and have been researching taxi options at length. We kept finding one expensive quote after another ($130-180 round trip). Royal has an excursion called "Chukka Beach Break"' date=' but the minimum age is 5 years old due to insurance reasons. We then saw a recommendation for Gregg Connell on this message board, or Trip Advisor (I forget..)

On his website, he offers a tour for $40pp (going to Doctor Cave Beach in MoBay). We emailed him seperately and asked about transport only. He quoted us $20pp for transport into MoBay (to Cornwall Beach). Pickup is 3 hours later. It is not a private taxi, we'll be accompanied by other people, which is fine by us. Another plus for us was that he only requires a minimum 25% deposit, rather than full payment, which is less risk. We will re-post a review after we partake in his services. :)

Here is his contact information - he was very responsive. Always emailed us back within 12 hours.

Gregg Connell

Reggae Tours Customer Support

Telephone: 1-876-570-2983

Email: info@reggae-tours.com

Look forward to hearing your report. I really wanted to go to Doctor's Cave Beach but didn't think it would be possible. Please let me know what the price was total and the time length it took to get there when you get back. Thanks!!!

Archived