Liberty of the seas or carnival dream

cruise maniac 15

I have never been on carnival before. i've been on 4 RCI cruises, explorer, mariner twice, and radiance and navigator. The liberty just came out of a dry dock. it now has the outdoor movie screen, cupcake cupboard, wine bar, and touchscreen technology. i hear the food is better on carnival, burrito bar, mongolian station something they have in windjammer on rci,pasta bar and pizza. Though my friend who cruises carnival says one thing he really hates is the crowds and long lines at the buffet. SO.... liberty or dream?

Never have been on Carnvial Dream, but sailed on Liberty of the Seas in 2009, before she went into dry dock. I loved it! Not one thing did I find that wasn't to my liking! Loved the food in the dining room. Also I didn't find the lines in the buffet to be bad at all, they have different stations of the same food type, so there were plenty of places for people to move around to get their food. I never had to wait to find a table either.

Loved the adult solarium! The hot tubs that stick out over the ocean are TO DIE FOR! I spend a lot of time in them. I had a hard time finding a lounge chair close to the pool, but that is pretty common on all ships..chair hoggers, you know!

The shows were great, Quest, Love and Marriage show, the Ice Show..all of them.

There seemed to be always music playing on deck, lively music..fun! Beautiful ship...I loved the Promenade where the shops were. It is like a small city street with little shops lining it. At night they have parades and activities going on there, with some of the staff dancing up above on the sky walks.

Now, I miss it....wanna go back...!!! LOL

Hopefully someone can tell you about the Dream...but I really think you would love the Liberty of the Seas.

Love the Carnival Dream. Lines are only long if you go when everyone else goes...lol. We have been on the Dream twice and never encountered long line ups. Didn't like the long wait at the Mongolian Bar on another Carnival ship so didn't even try on the Dream. The Pasta Bar upstairs is also made to order but you fill out a form with your choices and when ready, it is brought to your table so you are not standing in line. Burrito Bar and Tandoor Bar never had long lines but the Deli sometimes did as the sandwiches are made after you order

We did see a long line once....the one for BBQ items on the last sea day on the Lanai. We wanted ribs but knew it was on the menu for dinner so did not miss out...lol

Only speaking from personal experience as we try to time our visits to avoid line-ups. Timing is everything as the saying goes.:)

Have never been on the Liberty of the Seas so can't do a comparison.

Whichever ship you choose, enjoy!

Was on the Dream in January after trying other lines for a few years. We got more bang for our buck on the Dream than I thought possible. As long as you are not traveling at peak times the ship did not seem crowded. The food was the best of any cruise previously. We had the 4J cabins at a steal, $509 per person, with a window and only steps from the front open deck. It was the next best thing to a balcony for a lot less money. The mini golf was awesome, it made up for the fact that they put the basketball court directly over the steak house so it closed everyday at 5:30. The Dream itself was absolutely stunning. I would go back on her in a heartbeat.........

Archived