Diamond balcony cabin - do I need bungee cord?

Summertime

Do I need a bungee cord as has been suggested a number of times on different threads to keep our balcony door open? Would love to be able to keep it open at times and enjoy the ocean breeze inside and also to stop my girls from endlessly going in and out and having them slam the door shut. If I don't need it I'll be happy to not worry about buying and packing one more thing but If I do need it - what size?

Many thanks to all ye wise and experienced sea dogs/know what to take and know what to leave behind/cruise afficionados - us green pups are learnin from ya:)

Summer

Catmand is right. We were on the sister ship Sapphire and we also like to keep the door ajar at nite so all you have do do is put the handle down and it will lock wherever you stop the door.

Nick, our disembarkation took a long time. There were three ships in port on Saturday. We got off at 10:30, and spent 40 minutes in line getting through immigration. If Princess booked your flight, they will give you an early disembarkation number... they started disembarking at 8:15. If you booked a flight on your own, you will need to fill out the paperwork they send you in your precruise documents. (We booked our flight late and didn't do this, so we couldn't get an earlier disembarkation time).

All in all, I would be more comfortable with a flight that left after 12:00pm.

Enjoy your cruise.... we had an awesome time!

You would think that with as many sailings that start/end in San Pedro & Long Beach that they could work out a system like San Diego. You don't have to go thru an immigration line in San Diego. I know it isn't the cruise lines' fault... Does anyone know if they are working on this?

We are sailing on 4/2/05. I tried to book a later flight w/ AA but they said it would cost me $190 a person to change!! They said if I miss my 10:30 flight I can fly stand by at no extra charge. Please say a prayer for me. ;)

Archived