Daily schedules for adults & kids-Maasdam

auntdeedee

Does anyone happen to know of a website where sample daily schedules are posted for the "adults" and "HAL kids programs"?

I've always been able to find fairly easily for other cruises I've been on to get an idea of the offerings the cruise provides, but so far I haven't run across any links to sites where people scanned their daily programs?

Thanks,

DeeDee

Does anyone happen to know of a website where sample daily schedules are posted for the "adults" and "HAL kids programs"? I've always been able to find fairly easily for other cruises I've been on to get an idea of the offerings the cruise provides, but so far I haven't run across any links to sites where people scanned their daily programs? Thanks, DeeDee

Within the last couple of weeks someone gave a link to scanned Daily Programs from one of the HAL ships. It looked pretty much the same as our Maasdam cruise in Dec./Jan.

Thanks--I was able to find information on another ship, but it was still very helpful to see. After reading so many "negative" emails, I am very reassured to see so many activities are offered (hopefully Maasdam has just as many!)

The only thing that freaked me a bit was seeing a note that the aft pool on this ship was for "Adults Only"... I really hope that's not true on the Maasdam as I specifically booked our cabin SOLELY because of it's close proximity to the aft pool!! Do you happen to know if this is true on the Maasdam, too?

Here's the link if it's the one you were thinking of... otherwise, I couldn't find any more even doing a bunch of keyword searches....

http://www.arubabound.com/image/lg/us/zaandam/zaan_prog1218.htm

I always book a cabin near the aft pool and have never seen a posting limiting that pool to adults. To my knowledge children can use either pool - I actually prefer the aft pool. Enjoy.

The aft pool is marked for "adults only" on all HAL ships. Perhaps if folks read the sign by the pool they might notice this.

I have to know how to read too! I wish I knew this before I booked.

When will HALS demands ever end!!!

(just kidding):p

Here's the link if it's the one you were thinking of... otherwise, I couldn't find any more even doing a bunch of keyword searches....

http://www.arubabound.com/image/lg/us/zaandam/zaan_prog1218.htm

That is the link I was thinking of. It looks pretty much just like our Dec./Jan. Maasdam cruise programs. Can't answer your question about aft pool, we only went out there at night when the pool was closed.

There are no such things as "adults pools" on Holland America Line.

The only restrictions on both pools are that children under 13 need supervision, and no children with diapers are allowed in the pools.

Bo.

We're going on the March 20 Maasdam cruise--can't wait!!!

The daily program copy I read specifically stated that the Lido pool was for families and the aft pool was to be used for "adults only"... and they appreciate cooperation.... that said, I didn't pay $150 extra for a room near the aft pool to be told not to use it.... so I plan to break the rule anyway as long as adults aren't in it.

Bothak - re-read your pre-cruise docs

Aunt DeeDee - call HAL and get your cabin switched. Rather than just think of your own self, have a care for the hundreds of other passengers on the ship. And you did agree to abide by the rules when you booked the cruise.

Well, they are certainly willing to change my cabin... but no refund for the difference, so what's the point?

I'm very happy to abide by the rules, and usually the sweetest little gal in Virginia... however, in this case, deception shouldn't be considered a "rule"...

Stating "two pools" in the ship specs, and suddenly blindsiding people with "oh, there *are* two pools, but families may only use one of them"--that's deceptive advertising. All it takes is two little lines--"One adult pool, one family pool" and a note on the deck plan that the aft "Swimming Pool-adults only." Frankly, I think it would be a huge selling point for the older crowd anyway to label it 'adult only'.

So, while I will be courteous to my fellow passengers when adults are in the pool, I plan on getting my $150 worth of "pool" I paid for and now am not supposed to use....

What advertising have you ever seen that includes that information? The website says absolutely nothing, nor does their brochure, nor does the large book regarding all the ships/deck plans. I've searched for a few minutes since I read this and do not see it ANYWHERE.

• 3 weeks later...

Aunt Dedee; We just sailed the Maasdam and there were small children in both pools, albeit with parental supervision, on many different ocasions. In addition, there were no grumpy adults objecting to any of it. Inspite of different things I have read, most of the people we saw seemed tickled to see young faces on the ship. I wish it had been reciprocated by our kids, who were really disappointed with the far older crowd we had on this trip!! I understand much depends on the time of year you choose. Since my children are not small (13 and 18) I must admit I don't pay too much attention to the possible 'no children allowed' rule; unless something is said. If they are behaving appropriately, (which we never have had a problem with), no worries. The only sign I remember seeing was the 'no lifeguard on duty' sign. Good luck!:)

Why would you call those who abide by the rules "grumpy" while for those who break them you say "no worries"? Do you believe in flaunting all rules, or just the ones that inconvenience you?

As a parent, were you often swayed by the "but everyone's doing it, mom!" arguement?

Hmmm...I didn't realize that the subject of this 'thread' was the type of argument that swayed me in making decisions re: childrearing!! I thought we were talking about 'Adults and kids on the Maasdam'. And no, I don't consider everyone who abides by the rules 'grumpy'. Those who are grumpy, know who they are.

Aunt Deedee, go prepared to have a good time with the children. On our trip, there may have been a total of perhaps three adults (wading) in the pool at any one time. The children in question were welcomed and none of them were behaving badly (ie: splashing people, doing cannon balls, etc.) Everyone co-existed happily, so, no worries!! I hope you all have a lovely time.;)

Archived