ken rush for my allure CD

I had him last year for Oasis and this for Allure... his 'script' was almost word for word the same! From what i've seen on you tube of Richard Spacey / Allan Brooks he's much more... umm mellow than those 2 but pretty much anyone is mellow compared to them!

great, you guys got me so excited for my cruise. lol

I guess i'm spoiled have spacey, seymour and brooks. i personally think seymour should be on allure

You're VERY spoiled :D i'm trying to figure out how to get back onboard Oasis before April 30th when Spacey gets off again!

I've been sailing RCI since the early 90's (Diamond member), and I swear, Ken Rush follows me onto almost every cruise. It's so aggravating! I find him to be very annoying, and can't understand why he's popular. He's the only CD I remember sailing with...and that's only because he's so annoying. I think I might be finally breaking the "Curse of Ken" when I sail Oasis this June. He shouldn't be there, right?

I had no issue with Ken Rush on my Oasis trip back in June. I know that he will be onboard the Allure next December when I sail again.

In all honesty- he's just there. Nothing too great and nothing spectacular. I can't imagine how one person can make a cruise so "terrible."

The worst CD I experienced was the guy on Grandeur in June, with his wife Katrina (I think that was her name- I dont remember his).

He was terrible- but it didn't ruin my cruise!

A cruise director would never make or break my cruise, but that's mostly because I don't really participate in activities that involve the CD. I'm just not interested (to each his/her own, right?) So for all of my cruises where Ken was not the CD, I have no idea who it was or if they were "good" or "bad". I just didn't notice or remember them. But with Ken...he just grated on me.

Ken was our CD on two previous cruises ... he was informative, had a good sense of humour, but wasn't "over the top" crazy (NOT the Energizer Bunny on Crack) ... frankly, exactly what we want from a CD.

My personal preference for a CD is Clo O'Connor ... last I heard she was on the Grandeur, but that was some time ago and am not sure if she's still with the firm.

Michael

The worst CD I experienced was the guy on Grandeur in June, with his wife Katrina (I think that was her name- I dont remember his).

This is hilarious because I was trying to remember his name for my previous post and could remember her's with her big giant blonde hair but can't for the life of me remember his!! That duo was like they were on a horrible sketch comedy hour with a side of cheezy radio announcer thrown in!

I would rather hear someone run their fingernails across the chalkboard than have to listen to Ken Rush. He is so scripted it's not even funny.

I grew very tired of him by the end of our cruise. Would I sail a ship with him as Cruise Director, yes, but avoid any activities he is associated with.

Here we go, let the flames begin. ;)

Tim

In my opinion Mr .Rush needs to get off the ships and get behind a desk working for the company. He does a good job at getting the start up crews going, but they really need someone with a whole lot more love for the job!! I think he's just been doing it for to long!!!... So glad he's not gonna be on oue Allure trip in three weeks!!!

This is hilarious because I was trying to remember his name for my previous post and could remember her's with her big giant blonde hair but can't for the life of me remember his!! That duo was like they were on a horrible sketch comedy hour with a side of cheezy radio announcer thrown in!

I dug out my compass- John Blair, yech!

I remember him and Katrina being the CDs on a couple of our cruises on the Vision when it was based in L.A. Not my favorites either.

We have also sailed with Ken Rush more than any other CD; IMHO he's OK, not great. I agree with Leanne3c, I think he has gotten a little jaded over the years and is just going through the motions.

Now Graham or Clo - we love them! :D

• 2 weeks later...
I had no issue with Ken Rush on my Oasis trip back in June. I know that he will be onboard the Allure next December when I sail again.

In all honesty- he's just there. Nothing too great and nothing spectacular. I can't imagine how one person can make a cruise so "terrible."

Just came back from the 2/19 sailing of the Enchantment with John Blair. All above comments are 100% accurate. Worst cruise director I've ever had. Even worse than Paul Rudder, who previously held that title. LOL.

The CD does affect my cruise because 2 of the things I enjoy the most, The Quest and The Love & Marriage Show, are driven by the CD. A funny, CD with good timing can make these 2 events very funny and enjoyable. John Blair made them snoozers.

And what is up with Katrina's hair?? :eek:

I loved Richard Spacey...until we had Mike S on the Liberty of the Seas in October.

He is very, very good! :)

Ken Rush...not so good, but I hear he is great at organizing the activities and staff.

Mike S. is the BEST CD!!!!! Loved him on the Liberty!!!! Ken Rush just needs to step down. Like others have said he is very scripted and just blah. Mike has a fun upbeat personality!

Archived