Anyone rented scooters to get around Coz

LVMullet

I personally would not reccomend that.......our last time there we saw a lady that had crashed into the curb......broken leg. Remember it is not like driving in the states....roads are not the best either. With that being said we do rent a car...a smart car and go around the island. Cozumel is the ONLY place I would do this. It is simple to navigate. It has a road that goes around the entire island in a circle. Fun, easy and safe. It costs about $80 for the day with insurance. Great Fun!!

Do a search on "scooters" on this or any Cozumel Forum. They are available, but given the traffic, crazy taxi drivers, lost distracted tourists, you would be taking a big risk driving one. Get a car or convertible jeep if you want the wind in your hair. Your family will thank you for not getting seriously injured or killed while on vacation. I've personally seen both happen.

Have a great time

Rich

A friend said she had heard you can rent a scooter and tour around the island. Can anyone recommend this, is it safe, the cost, worth while?

Thanks

I was a dinner companion with a passenger who rented a scooter at Coz. She didn't show for dinner that night. She had to be air lifted to Houston for injuries she incurred in an accident while riding the scooter. Eleven years ago the medevac fee was $10,000.

• 2 weeks later...

We went on the Harley tour a week and a half ago and were just fine. People just don't use their heads. The excursion before ours ALL the people who signed up hadn't driven a motorcycle in years and figured this would be a good time to brush up. Driving a bi-pod isn't like riding a bicycle (nor do you not need to refresh how to do it).

The speed bumps are the only concern (really hills) it's an easy drive without needing to go through the city and the only chance you have to really enjoy Cozumel by seeing the East Side. To visit once is NEVER enough. I want to go back and spend the day and WILL rent a scooter to do so.

Archived