disembarking process -fastest way

pollywolly

I will be cruising November on the Ecstasy. Our cruise returns at 8am in New Orleans and I'm planning to booked a flight out at 12:30 pm. Is that too early? When you self embark, does the ship start disembarking from the bottom level first or visa versa?

Before they disembark by floor numbers, those that can carry their all thier own luggage are let off. So, if you can manage all your bags / luggage you can be one of the first off the ship once it's cleared to let passengers off. If you chose this option, do not set your luggage outside the door - it'll be your responsibility to carry it off.

Otherwise, SnJ's suggestion works best.

With a noon flight - having to check in at the airport around 10:00 AM, I'm guessing an hours drive to airport, you would have to disembark, clear customs and be in a cab heading to the airport by 9:00 AM. That's cutting it mighty close!

Before they disembark by floor numbers, those that can carry their all thier own luggage are let off. So, if you can manage all your bags / luggage you can be one of the first off the ship once it's cleared to let passengers off. If you chose this option, do not set your luggage outside the door - it'll be your responsibility to carry it off.

Otherwise, SnJ's suggestion works best.

With a noon flight - having to check in at the airport around 10:00 AM, I'm guessing an hours drive to airport, you would have to disembark, clear customs and be in a cab heading to the airport by 9:00 AM. That's cutting it mighty close!

It doesn't take an hour to get from the pier to the airport - more like 20 to 30 minutes - 45 minutes if traffic is bad, but the cabbies are good about getting around the traffic by getting on and off the freeway. If the ship disembarks on a Saturday then there is less chance of heavy traffic. Unfortunately it seems that I-10 is always under construction between the airport and downtown.

Archived