Luggage Question ???

Tammy25

Hi Ladies...well, this is it...I'm down to the wire here...I'm PACKING!!! Woohoo!

I had to look for my little dog Toto this morning as my room looked liked a few twisters came rolling through! LOL! It kinda still does :( I am having to try on clothing since I am packing totally different clothing then what I'm wearing up here in PA! I lost weight and nothing fits!! I had to run out today and do some quick shopping and WHAT A MISTAKE THAT WAS!!! On Valentine's Day ...ugh! Stores and traffic were a nightmare!

Anyways, I have a question regarding carry on luggage. I am carrying my gown on and the airline told me it counts as my "personal item" so does that mean I can take a small rolling suitcase as well? I want to carry on my jewelry, rings, other wedding supplies and I have a small suitcase or a large duffel bag. I'm trying to decide what is a better option and what they will allow me to take on. Also, what can I handle?

How did you ladies do it? What did you take with you on the plane?

Double check with your airline. I would suspect that your gown will count as your carry on and not your personal item. For most airlines, the personal items include things like a purse, briefcase, laptop bag, or tote. As a guide, it should be small enough to fit under the seat in front of you. Your airline may have different rules, but on Delta the gown would definitely count as the carry-on, and you wouldn't be allowed to take a rollaboard bag as well.

When I flew, I took my gown and a small backpack onboard. DH took a rolling carry on bag with our shoes, jewelry and his suit, plus a small boarding tote that went under his seat. We checked everything else including the silk flowers and our OOT bags.

I'm flying American and they told me that my dress counts as my one carry-on, fortunately, we have a non-stop flight, so I don't have to stress AS much about luggage being lost, but I would suggest using a large bag as your "purse" which will be your personal item and put as much wedding stuff and/or valuables that you want to in there. That's what I am doing :). Good luck!

i flew airtran and carried my dress on the plane then i had a large over the shoulder luggage tote bag kind of thing. that is where i carried our rings, wedding jewelry, passports, bouquet & i put my purse inside of the bag as well. my husband had a rolling carry on bag that we put all of our ceremony & reception stuff in. he also carried a bookbag so we could put a few personal items in. we had no problems at all!

Thank you for the replies! I appreciate your help :)

Well, it looks like I'm pretty much packed! I soooo hate packing but this was well worth it!! My fiance' and my son were packed way before ME...sheesh...MEN! I am still trying to figure out where to stuff a few last things LOL...us women take wayyyyy more stuff!

I decided that I'm just going to take my backpack with laptop, jewelry, rings, hairpiece and some other odds and ends. We have a nonstop flight also so I'm not too worried about luggage getting lost...plus, we are arriving 2 days before the wedding so even if my shoes get lost, I can replace them lol...

Also, I just found out last night that the airlines allows up to 3 checked bags FREE for active military with ID!!! Wow...my fiance can check bags for free so now I can take more things hehehehe :p :eek: :D He's gonna love me!

I made a suitcase for all our shoes plus I put a large duffel bag in there for wedding supplies to take onboard. I have another large extra suitcase with all the toiletries and for room to bring some things home. I think I got it covered!

I am also putting 2 evening gowns in with my wedding gown so I don't have to fold them. I have a gorgeous white one and a pink one. The pink one is just beautiful and was a bridesmaid dress that nobody picked up at the seamstress. She took it in for me and it fit perfect. It is long in the back and a little shorter in the front. Super cute!

I also don't have to worry about taking the silk flowers which is cool. I had them shipped directly to my Mom's in Florida. We will be staying near my mom's and visiting Thursday.

I'm so excited! I can't wait...my last few days of being single! yipppppppppppeeeeeeeeeee!

Archived