hotels in Manhattan for pre-cruise New England

gjoan

Joan-
We live in Ct, so we generally don't do precruise stuff in NYC, but sometimes the rates for the Walforf Astoria are so good through the cruiseline that we snap it up!
If you can possibly swing it, treat yourself, the location alone is worth the extra money.
(i.e. most theaters are walkable from the Waldorf, as well as 85% of the important museaums). Enjoy your trip!

Jim & Stan

Hi Joan,

The Roosevelt Hotel is a really nice hotel and you can get a rate at about $189 per night. If you saw the movie Maid In Manhattan, you would recognize the Roosevelt as the hotel the movie was filmed at. Anyway, it is on 5th Avenue at Madison, I believe (or right near there). I stayed there 2 years ago and we were able to walk just about everywhere (Time Square, Empire State Building, Theater District, Grand Central Station, Saks, Rockefeller Center, etc.). I'll be going back there April 21st-25th.

Where ever you decide to stay, have a great time in NY and a great cruise!

SiouxsieQ

Archived