Costa Classica April 9th

Aussie Nana

Hi we are on 9th April 14 day Cruise Malaysia & Thailand. Any info re shore excursions from the 2/1 Cruise ( or March Cruises when you return ), all seem very expensive compared to Romantica / Far East last year. Do any of the Langkawi tours visit the suspension bridge. Any suggestions welcome.:)

I also have a question for those of you doing the upcoming Classica cruises through Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore.

From reading the active roll calls and other questions on these boards and from also checking the Coasta website. I am a little puzzled???

We are not going until March 2012 but I really wanted to go in April 2011 so I started to research a while ago. When I first began to look into this itinerary the Costa website was offering a Bangkok On Your Own tour option- similar to the KL On your Own- basically just a ride into the city. At that time there was also a Pattaya On your Own. From what I am able to read via Costa and also from the conversations on the roll calls, it appears that this is no longer being offered?

I realise that many of you who are doing the 14 day option of these sailings have now booked and arranged your own transfers into Bangkok.

I was wondering if anyone knows what happened to the On Your Own options and was hoping that someone on these cruises could tell me if they are actually available once you get on the ship- something along the lines of the shuttle bus trips that are announced on board.

I know that we are not going for over a year but for me half the fun is in the planning and organisation. As we are one adult and one child I find it often easier and more convenient to use the ships tours if possible.

Thanks in advance and hope to read lots of reviews when you all get back!

Archived