bio bay dates

anjanetted

It appears that the date I would have to do the tour is one of the dates considered not great. Full moon is June 15th and we would have to go on June 10th. It is open but near the last date possible. Would it be worth doing?? I realize it may be cloudy but just wondering if it is worth the price I would have to pay to take that rish.

It appears that the date I would have to do the tour is one of the dates considered not great. Full moon is June 15th and we would have to go on June 10th. It is open but near the last date possible. Would it be worth doing?? I realize it may be cloudy but just wondering if it is worth the price I would have to pay to take that rish.

That was our option too. We went and are glad we did. Had a great time. They put a tarp over us so that we could really see them.

It is a "good" day to go, still very worth it. Try to get on the first tour, as the moon will be higher in the sky later.

I looked up moonrise and sunset/twilight times yesterday:

Twi: 5:23am

Sunrise: 5:47am

Sunset: 6:59pm

Twi: 7:23pm

Moonrise: 1:57pm

Moonset: 1:09am

By the time civil twilight ends, the moon is already as high as it goes that day. So theoretically, I think later is better.

This site sunrisesunset.com has all kinds of useful info about the sun and moon when planning trips, or even when staying home!

This actually alerted me to a problem on my moon calendar. After re-evaluating, I have changed the 10th to a no-go. I really think that it will be too much light.

But as someone said, they did it with considerable moonlight and still liked it...I guess it depends on if you think you will ever be able to do a BioBay in the future. If you aren't planning on coming back, you may want to try it anyway.

Archived