How do I find our ship's coordinator? Dietary needs

ctmama4

My son requires rice milk to mix with a special medical powder formula daily. We're leaving on the Star on Saturday. I heard they can sometimes provide rice milk, but I need to contact our ship's coordinator. Who is that and how do I reach them?

We can just buy the milk when we arrive in LA, but if I can avoid the trip to the grocery, all the better.

Thanks!

My son requires rice milk to mix with a special medical powder formula daily. We're leaving on the Star on Saturday. I heard they can sometimes provide rice milk, but I need to contact our ship's coordinator. Who is that and how do I reach them?

We can just buy the milk when we arrive in LA, but if I can avoid the trip to the grocery, all the better.

Thanks!

Just saw this on the NCL website...with the phone number to call.

Special Medical Dietary Requirements and Diabetes

Guest with food allergies should contact the Access Desk to discuss NCL's policies and procedures concerning special diets and your specific allergies prior to your cruise. Because the vessels are supplied all over the world, it may be easier to meet your specific food allergy requirements in some countries, but very difficult in others. We can arrange to have no sugar and low sodium meals for guests with those specific medical dietary restrictions upon request. Refrigerators are available in many staterooms for storing insulin

The Access Desk

Within our Reservations Department, an exclusive team of seasoned professionals operate to help facilitate your travel via our dedicated toll free number for accessible travel (1-866-584-9756 (voice)). Specially trained in NCL's policies and procedures, after receiving your Special Accommodation Requirements Information form, they document your reservation with information concerning your service requests to help prepare our cruise staff for your vacation. A member of the Access Desk will speak with you about each and every aspect of your cruise from transportation to and from the vessel to shore excursions, your stateroom and any other expectation or need that you may have.

Thanks!

groupeventstar@ncl.com

I just sent an email to this address last evening about a bar set up for our cabin when we cruise 3/5/11. They responded this morning. I think they can help you.

Or try this one: accessdesk@ncl.com.

thanks for the quick replies! I just tried access desk and they said no go on rice milk - just soy and Lactaid. At least they were speedy at responding :)

I also sent an email to the ship - we'll see if I have more luck.

Thx!

This is a medical need so I think you need to make sure you take what you need with you....just pack those vacuum packs of rice milk. You'll have a refrigerator. The reason I say this is that it is VERY late to be arranging anything for Saturday!!! We usually make our arrangements with the ACCESS desk a minimum of 24 hours in advance. Your PCC will give you their fax # if you want to try that route as well as emailing ACCESS. I don't think they can read the volume they get in a 24 hour period. Be safe; take it.

Archived