We booked with friends of ours...

but did GTY, with the realization that our rooms wouldn't be near each other. Is there any way, considering we booked through the same agent, at the same time and our dinner reservations are "linked" that we'd be even remotely close? just curious.

thanks AGAIN! :o

Our guart. ressies are linked by my PVP and right now (23 days away) they are next to each other. I know that may change, but so far it is good!

Does this happen often that they assign you a room & then change it? What would be the reason?

They may need to juggle cabin assignments to accommodate as many requests as possible. We've been lucky that we've always booked specific cabins and never had them changed.

Friends who were unable to get two cabins close together kept watching for openings to pop up. When they did, they were able to switch one of the bookings to a cabin two doors down from their own. Of course, these were all specific cabins and not guarantees. With guarantees, you take your chances and hope for the best.

We booked a cruise with two other couples several years ago. To make it short and sweet...none of us has spoken since!!:D

And never try to do a land vacation with people you meet on a cruise. Multiple cruises are fine, but ......

We booked a cruise with two other couples several years ago. To make it short and sweet...none of us has spoken since!!:D

Did yall go "mute" or have you just not spoken to each other since?:eek: ;) :D

We booked with a bunch of folks and some are next to us on either side of our cabin and some are strung out both directions WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY down the hall! All on the same deck though.

We have cruised with some friends 5 times now. We will be together again on the Legend in April. This is the first time either of us has booked GTY. We booked with two different PVP's on different days. We did have our dining crossed linked so we could sit together. I did the K method at about 70 days out and so far we are 2 cabins away from each other. The cabin in between us will not accommodate 3 people which we each have. I know this is not in stone yet but with 28 days to go it looks pretty good. We booked a GTY balcony and we are in a 8H for now.

I took a cruise with my husband and booked a gty. My parents also booked with us and also booked a gty cabin. We both got upgraded and there ended up being one cabin between ours and my parents cabin. I called the cabin between our cabins the TMI cabin! Thank you Carnival :)!!

We are in Ohio and our friends are in Florida....we both booked thru the same agent at the same time and asked to be linked as much as possible, but definitely for dinner..........well, as luck would have it, we have both been upgraded about 6 categories and the cabins are next to each other.

We went with another couple and we both booked gty, but had our dinner assignment made for the same table. We didn't think that we would be close to the other couple, but Carnival placed us in cabins that were next to each other. We didn't want to be that close to them so we had our cabin assignment changed to where we were several doors down from them. It's not that we didn't like the people we were on the cruise with, we just didn't want to be that close to them.

To make a long story short, Carnival will try to get you and your travel mates as close together as possible.

We booked two inside guarantees with another couple in June on the Paradise and we were upgraded to category 5A's right next to each other.

Just curious--how/when did you find out you were upgraded to the 5A? Did your TA inform you? We have one specific oceanview cabin and two inside guarantees booked for June on the Victory. We are hoping they will all be near each other but, realize that it most likely won't happen. It would be great to be upgraded, however slim a chance it may be?!! LOL

Our first clue of what cabins we had been assigned was when we received our documents about 3 or 4 weeks prior to the cruise. On the back of the S & S portion of the documents is a long string of numbers and the cabin number was there following our booking number. I also did the "K" method (don't think I can say the word!) but this also came up with the same two cabin numbers R6 and R8.

At first I was really let down that we didn't get more of an upgrade, but in the end I really enjoyed those cabins. I liked being at the very front of the ship. There was almost no traffic past our cabins and we loved feeling the motion of the ship as it hit the waves. One added benefit that we hadn't figured on...the large ledge under the portholes was large enough to sit in AND was a great place for DH to dry his scuba gear! The link below will let you see what the cabin looked like.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/157471024/158650913LyNZXz

but did GTY, with the realization that our rooms wouldn't be near each other. Is there any way, considering we booked through the same agent, at the same time and our dinner reservations are "linked" that we'd be even remotely close? just curious.

thanks AGAIN! :o

We did the same thing on the Glory last August and 2 of our 3 cabin were next to us and the other cabin was only 2 doors down. We all sat together at dinner.

Archived