Are you allowed to bring Booze after port

bertieboop1

Yes you can but you will have to turn it in at the desk after the scanner. they will give it back the last night. the prices in St Martin are great. got a large bottle of sky vodka fort $9.00 Crown was about $11.00 for a 1.75 ltr and they even had it delivered to the ship when I arrived there was a note that it had been delivered and was placed in holding till the end of the cruise.

If you want it to bring back home - no problem you will get it back last night so you can pack it up - if are trying to bring it onboard to 'enjoy'- they will direct you to the 'liquor' drop off table - but between there and the table you might just 'forget'? or the table might be busy? Or worst case scenario place one bag on the table and the other on the floor at your feet? or perhaps your wife or travelling companion may wish to hold it? :D

yes.

when they tell you to put it on the table "over there", that they will hold it for you, just keep walking, looking for some other table. you will probably make it through.

Or just stop and give them 1 bottle and take the other 3 to your room! :)

yes.

when they tell you to put it on the table "over there", that they will hold it for you, just keep walking, looking for some other table. you will probably make it through.

i have made it through several times. guess they weren't to interested in what was in my bag. never said anything about the bottles and never asked me to turn in.

Since you didn't ask how to sneak booze onto the ship I assume you are talking about purchasing to bring home? As has been said the ship will hold it for you. If so be sure and know what has to be declared for taxation when you get back to your home port and go through customs so you can factor that cost in as well if you go over the taxable limit.

I had a friend on a cruise that tried the "walk by", they followed him and made him come back.

I was suprised last time I saw others just chugging their drinks before they got on the cruise. I had a couple more $1 beers so I was just going to dump it, and the guy at security just told me no problem that I could bring them on.

Hubby wants to buy some booze in Cozumel - how are the prices? I have no problem with dropping it off and getting it on the last night - its for home anyway!

Not sure on all booze prices. I have in the past always bought a bottle of Crown XR in Cozumel for approx $120, last week it was $140. Now cheaper in Oklahoma.

In Cozumel, the best prices are found on Kahlua and Tequila. The mom and pop shops will deal with you if you are buying quantity, just be prepared to haggle for awhile. If you are only interested in a bottle or two, the best place to shop is the large building when you first get off the ship. Or go to one of the T-Shirt stores in San Miguel and purchase the "Scorpion" type of tequila. It is the strongest in the world and hard to find in other ports.

As for trying to get it back on the ship, remember, Carnival uses scanners. But Carnival also offers great liquor discounts on Cruzan rum and other special brands. The last cruise I went on sold 4 shooters of Cruzan rum (different flavors) for only $10. :D

Just put it thru the scanners and pick it up and keep on walking......we have never been stopped..........

That's exactly what I did on my first week of a recent B2B on the Liberty. Week two, mid-way through, I had to start inviting people to my cabin to help me consume my goods because I had too much!:p

Archived