Carnival Victory ~ Feb 6, 2011 ~ We Had The Time Of Our Lives!

CBussey64

...hahahahahahaha....we're gonna be in room 7362 in a couple of weeks.....*L*....

Tell it we miss it! You will love it, the room was quiet, heard the girls across the hall knocking loudly a couple of times ... but other than that it was really quiet and peaceful.

Even though I had told my husband for weeks (and weeks) prior to the cruise that we needed to get booking our excursions, he hadn't! LOL!

Anyhoodles, needless to say we got to St. Thomas with nothing in mind. We got off the ship, wandered the shops and then ventured out. We came upon Paradise Point and decided to take the gondola up to the top. Good choice. Price was reasonable and I'm afraid of heights but did very well with this. Although the sign in the gondola was comforting LOL! Pictures to follow.

We spent a few hours up there listening to the music, enjoying a soda, playing the crab races, looking at the stuff for sale. Took some amazing pictures ... then headed back.

Stopped in the toursty area outside the pier and bought some postcards and stamps and headed back to the ship to relax, have lunch and enjoy the views.

We truly took full advantage of our balcony ...

And we went to book our excursions for the rest of the cruise thru Carnival ...

Great start to your review. I was hoping you would come back and write one. So far it sounds like you had a great time. I hope it continues. We will be waiting for the rest. :D

Working on it, I work the next 3 days, 12 hour shifts so getting it in while I can. Thank you, hope you enjoy the rest.

SEAFOOD NEWBURG STYLE (NO SHRIMP IN MINE DUE TO ALLERGIES BUT IT DOES COME WITH SHRIMP!)

2839605500102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

FLAT IRON STEAK:

2021639330102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

MY NIGHTLY CAPUCCINO:

2717538260102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

BITTER & BLANC:

2315616850102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

CARIBBEAN LOUNGE:

2259336030102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

OUR NIGHTLY TOWEL FRIEND:

2529938160102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

Thank you so very much for your great review. we are going on this cruise at easter and still dont no what we are going to do each day:p. we are irish and bringing our 16 year old daughter with us (you have the look of an irish woman about you) what was the best thing you did?:o;)

Thank you so very much for your great review. we are going on this cruise at easter and still dont no what we are going to do each day:p. we are irish and bringing our 16 year old daughter with us (you have the look of an irish woman about you) what was the best thing you did?:o;)

The best thing ... well I'm not very adventurous (don't swim, afraid of heights) ... but my husband loved the Zipline tour in St. Lucia and while he did that I took an Island tour. But together the best thing was the tour of St. Maarten and then just walking around all the places ... the little narrow streets, then we went back later in a water taxi to the beach area shops and walked around. Although I have to admit it took me by surprise to see men on bicycles riding around saying "cocaine? Mary Jane?" ... so watch out for those men. I am very much into soaking in the culture and finding the out of way places, the different foods for that area and people watching (and ocean watching).

A very very lazy day!

Really not much to add beyond that. We ate ... and relaxed on the balcony, watched some TV, napped, ate some more, had some ice cream ... had more ice cream and got ready for formal night.

At first we had been disappointed that Dominca was taken off the itinerary, but in retrospect, it was nice to have a sea day to just hang together.

Pictures following:

I just want to send out Kudo's .... :D

I had called Carnival a few weeks prior to cruise to let them know of my shrimp (not complete shellfish) just shrimp allergy.

The day of embarkation I received a pleasant call in our cabin from Louise, the hostess ... she went over the menu so they could make anything I requested that had shrimp without shrimp and make it fresh and where it would not be cross contaminated.

Nightly, she would come by with the menu for the next day and take my order for the next evening.

What a wonderful job ... the food was delicious and I was still able to enjoy seafood without worrying about shrimp.

Louise THANK YOU!

2210984110102776477S600x600Q85.jpg

I did not mean to leave you all hanging, I will finish it up in a day or so, going thru some turmoil with my daughter, her husband and their 2 yr old that live with us. I can't concentrate right now to finish, please be patient and I will be back.:(

Archived