Booked Cruise on Ecstasy - Room U103

ticka1

Suite with a balcony! This is our first cruise - its for our 12th wedding anniversary. We decided to splurge! But I would love more info on this room.

Leaving May 5th to Cozumel and returning on Monday 9th.

Anyone have any comments good or bad about this room? I have 76 days from tomorrow when we board!

Those Grand Suites are awesome! I was staying in an inside room while friends were staying in one of those on a sister ship. I spent more time in their room than mine. The room is huge, at 330 sq.ft. indoors, with a 70 sq.ft. balcony. The balcony seems to be within the hull of the ship, which I actually like better than standard balconies. Your room in particular is set up with a sofa bed (if there were 3 in the room) which will stay a sofa at all times for you. My friends had the double sofa bed, for 2 extra people. The bathroom is larger than regular rooms, and includes a whirlpool tub with shower instead of just a small shower. When walking into your room, you'll have the bathroom close to the door. On the other side of the bathroom wall will be the bed. Beyond that is the couches, then the window & door to the balcony. The balcony to the left of yours will be an extended balcony, meaning that it will stick out further than yours. Their balcony is about twice the size of yours.

Since this is your first cruise, if you haven't seen tons of pics of cruise rooms, just know that cruise rooms are typically very small. Things are usually very tight. Hotel rooms are enormous by comparison. Your suite will be a very large room for a cruise room. A normal room on that ship is 185 sq.ft, almost half the size of your suite.

Archived