Is it worth paying to book specific cabin on Destiny?

Hi- seriously thinking about booking Destiny, Carribean on 20th March. Agents have offered to book specific cabin for £40! Any one think that's worth doing, and if so, any suggestions on deck 2/3, away from engine noise, vibration, crew cabins etc LOL. Or anyone know of a larger one located in a corner (had one on Celebration-brilliant...). any tips appreciated, thanks, :rolleyes:

Whatever you book make sure it has a red carpet in the corridor!. Forward of the rear stairwell is red carpet and aft is grey. I would go for a cabin forward or midships as there is engine noise in the rear cabins. I have had 3113 and 3131 with the parallel bed of the inside IMO being better. On my next Destiny cruise I have 3112. If you don't mind a little bit of ship movement cabins forward of the front stairwell look good, at least the coridors are as quiet as the grave when at sea.

I would book a cabin to almost guarantee a location on the ship. I would avoid deck 2 as it is too low & noisy so for me it would be deck 3 midships to for.

We had 3145 las year & had no problems. Did not drunkenly enter into other cabins with tape measure to compare sizes despite being on AI so cannot say if there are "tardis" cabins available.

We did speak to people randomly allocated a deck 2 cabin near the engines & they said they had difficulty sleeping.

Its usually cheaper to pay £39 for a 2/3 cabin rather than a more expensive one on a higher deck. £39 is a few drinks but a small percentage of the total holiday price paid.

I think its a good idea i have been on 2 previous cruises and one coming up and have pre-booked ,it gives peace of mind knowing where you will be .On the Destiny we had cabid 3030 it was a bit rocky but that was fine for me ,slept ok .My next cruise i have a cabin midship on deck 3.I think is worth the money rather ran worrying about not knowing where my cabin is.

OMG! What do you mean by rocky? and 'movement'? I am worried about sea-sickness. Is this very likely on these cruise ships? I thought they had excellent stabilisers and that the Caribbean sea was quite calm this time of year. We are on the Destiny on Sunday 20th for a week.

OMG! What do you mean by rocky? and 'movement'? I am worried about sea-sickness. Is this very likely on these cruise ships? I thought they had excellent stabilisers and that the Caribbean sea was quite calm this time of year. We are on the Destiny on Sunday 20th for a week.

Don't worry about seasickness just take some tablets with you just in case.

Imagine the ship as a childrens playground see-saw, obviously it moves more at the ends than in the middle which is why cabins at the middle of the ship suffer less up and down movement. This is called pitching but you won't really notice it unless the sea is rough. The ship can roll from side to side as well, again a cabin in the middle of the ship suffers less.

As I say, don't worry about sea sickness its the sea monsters with the long tentacles pulling you out of your cabin you have to worry about :D

when i was on the Destiny we were in a forward cabin during a particualy bad storm .So it the movment was particualy worse than normal .My friend described it as going over a hill over and over again.

Just back from the Destiny, pre-booked 3125 as it is mid-ships and had a window. Sea was not too rough to look at but there was a distinct swell throughout our cruise which did cause some ship movement ,noticeably when ship was at full speed.

No engine noise in our cabin and minimal rocking. There was more rocking at the rear of the ship, especially in the Oaklahoma lounge where walking in a straight line was impossible some nights, being intoxicated doesn't counteract it either!.

2 stugeron when you first board and 1 a day after that did the trick for me, you do get used to it but we found that when ashore we were swaying!.

I would recommend pre-booking a mid-ships cabin, the £39 is nothing in comparison to the cost of the cruise and is a very small price to pay to know that you are away from engine noise/vibration which some folks on our cruise experienced on deck 2 towards the rear of the ship.

Whatever you do you will definately have a great time, the staff are so friendly all over the ship and will do everything they can to ensure you enjoy your cruise, I can't speak highly enough of them, our first cruise and a fabulous experience, can't wait for the next one!.

Have fun!.

Archived