Jacksonville fl hotels?????

bbrownie75

We are booked for July 9-14th on the Fascination!! WHOO HOO!!!

Which hotels have you guys stayed in when leaving out of JAXPORT? I'm having trouble finding one close enough since we are flying in & will NOT have a vehicle.

I would appreciate any feedback on where to stay when porting out of JAX!

TIA!

brandy

We are booked for July 9-14th on the Fascination!! WHOO HOO!!!

Which hotels have you guys stayed in when leaving out of JAXPORT? I'm having trouble finding one close enough since we are flying in & will NOT have a vehicle.

I would appreciate any feedback on where to stay when porting out of JAX!

TIA!

brandy

We are staying at the Spring Hill Suites by the airport, and I believe there is a Fairfield Inn there as well. Both offer cruise packages with transportation to the pier.

We used to live near Jacksonville. The port is in an industrial area with no hotels nearby. When we had an early morning flight from Jacksonville, we stayed at the Clarion Airport. They have a park and cruise package. You can leave a car for up to 14 days (if you have one) and they will take you to and from the port. It is a nice hotel.

http://www.jaxclarion.com/cp/packages--specials-jacksonville-fl.htm?WT.mc_id=getmorecta

We had a great experience at the Residence Inn airport. Really nice pool area with an outdoor lounge, breakfast included, a full kitchen in the room, and they have two bedroom suites available if you need the space but want privacy. Free shuttle from the airport, several restaurants within walking distance and a Walmart less than a mile away if you need any last minute supplies. Cruise shuttle was $9pp I think - we drove but my parents flew in and took the shuttle since there wasn't room in the car. Might have been $11. The front desk staff was some of the friendliest I've ever experienced and they took care of booking the shuttle for my parents.

Last July we stayed at the Best Western-Airport. We're also staying there for our next cruise on the Fascination. They have a cruise package with a free airport shuttle and a free shuttle to the cruise port. They also will pick you up after the cruise and take you back to the hotel and you can catch the shuttle to the airport from there (even if not staying another night).

Our flight was delayed and we didn't arrive at the Jacksonville airport until about 1 am and our shuttle was already there waiting for us to take us to the hotel.

Holiday Inn and Suites is .8 miles from the port. I also will be flying in for a cruise in May. From what I read on another post and as someone on this one said, it is about 15-20 miles from airport. I called them the other day and this is the information I recieved: As long as you schedule pick up through the hotel shuttle, they will pick you up from the airport for FREE and take you back to the hotel from 6am-11pm so as long as you fly in during those times, your good. As far as them shuttling you to the port the next day, we were told it is $10 per person because they get charged by the port to drop us off. Hope this helps.

The area around the Port and the Airport is called North Jacksonville. It used to be all woods and empty land. Lately, developers have cleared the land and built new housing..upscale..developments throughout the region.

It is very safe...if you stay near the Airport ..which is close to the port ( in an industrial zone..Blount Island). New Hotels have popped up. What ever is your favorite...Marriot...Holiday Inn..Residence Inn...and more..are at the Airport area. Restaurants around that area...Red Lobster, Ruby Tuesday, Chilli's, Bono's BBQ. ( long time staple of Jax..best BBQ in the world.)..some are on Airport Road. Some are in the New Shopping Mall..also on airport road..which is close. And safe. Movie Theater...an Olive Garden..all are on that road. If you drive.......just be careful not to get far from Airport Road...and you are fine.

IF YOU ARE COMING IN THE SUMMER...THE BEACH AT JAX..AMELIA ISLAND...FERDININA...ST. AUGUSTINE..call about rates. The Marriot Beach Resort...at Jax..eye boggling. free shuttles to their own beach club. The Hilton..The Ritz at Amelia Island. The sand is lovely..the Atlantic warm..and in most areas..uncrowded. Fort George..Little Talbot Island..close to the port..is a state part, It has one of the most beautiful..unspoiled beaches in the world ( conde nast..Travelor's) Restrooms and picnic tables are provided...life guards in areas look for posted signs. It is paradise. It is almost free.

JAX.....is a secret..when it comes to it's beaches and such. If you have a day or too to spare.......check it out.

AND for the restaurants on Airport Road..We like Ruby Tuesday. The salad bar. We also had dinner in a new steak house...on Airport Road..the food was good and cocktails were $1.99 each. Really. We have eaten at Chillis..good. Bonos....best I have ever had..and I am southern I have been to Memphis...Bonos....beats them all. If you know Jax..and venture out on Hecksler Dr. which passes the port..head north for a few Miles..and The SandDollar is there. It is about a mile away from Mayport Naval Air station. A small channel seperates North Jax..from the beach Area. While you eat really good, fresh sea food..You can watch Ships come in..NAVAL GIANTS..or Apaches fly over head. It is a sight to see.

I love Jax. Not born here. But...the sand is in my shoes now..and I will never leave it, I suspect. I hope you have a great Time!!:)

And the New Mall..which Airport road leads into..when going the other way from the airport..HAS a WalMart. Big one. A Target. Big one. The stores are spaced out..with lots of parking...I know they have sporting goods stores...clothing stores..the big chain discount stores..and the WalMart and Target are both Super Stores which sell groceries...Auto Repair Stores..Tire Stores..REstaurants..with all of the Chains..Burger King, Panda King, Hardees, Taco Bell...Sub Shops..Walgreens is there for left prescriptions..ditto CVS...It is a big area with lots of shopping. They also have walk in clinics for any emergecies. They take most insurance..and fees without insurance.....sure beat ER charges. Dentists...I think it is nice to have all of that close.....when leaving the USA for a few days..BEFORE You board..if heaven forbid..something has happened..medically or dental wise.

So if you need water bottles..or soda to carry on board..or if you left anything...Once..on the Freedom..I did not bring any Hair Spray. Well, I had to have some. I paid $20 + in one of the shops. I would have paid anything. And I have to say. It was the best hairspray I have ever purchased. Still.....my purse does not extend to paying that much for hair spray..unless it is an emergency. And to me..who is frugal to a fault usually...that was one.

Great list. Thank you.

Here is what I found. The following hotels offer shuttle to airport and cruise port included with the nights stay. Here are the prices for April.

Travelodge Jacksonville- 89.21

Jacksonville Plaza Hotel- 67.31

Best Western- 99.99

Springhill Suites- 129.00

Jax Clarion 129.99

Fairfield Inn 120.00

Hilton Garden Inn 109.00

Quality Inn 85.99

;)

Archived