Private Snorkel Companies

tkwaltermeyer

I am wondering if anyone knows of a private snorkel company in Grand Cayman that takes people out on a catamaran and snorkels a reef or shipwreck. We did the stingray snorkel last year, now we are looking for just a normal snorkel trip. We really enjoy riding out on a catamaran, so we are trying to find someone that offers that with their snorkel trip.

By "private" do you mean chartered? The Red Sail catamaran tour referenced has a stop at the Kittiwake Wreck and another snorkel site. One of my neighbors just did the tour and he was not impressed with the snorkeling at either stop. Sites on the North Side are much better for snorkeling, but not for wrecks.

If you want a charter, no catamarans I know of, you can try: Oh Boy, Cayman Luxury Charters, or Cayman Private Charters. Google for more options.

I am not looking for private charter in the sense where it's just our group of six pleople. I guess I was looking for a dive operator that has a snorkel trip that will take us on a catamaran to snorkel and sail back. My wife and I did a catarmaran/stingray sandbar tour in 1994, and my son and I did one last year with Stingraysailing. Now we want to try to find one that snorkels elsewhere than stingray sandbar. The problem with Red Sail Sports is they don't have any trips that get us back before the ship sails in the afternoon.

Kittiwake Dive/Snorkel Schedules

Just checked the official Kittiwake site and they list a 9:30 AM Red Sail Kittiwake Catamaran Snorkel Sale (not listed on Red Sail's own site :confused:)

But the above web page lists all the outfits that visit that wreck so maybe if the Red Sail info proves inaccurate you can find another option.

Archived