Ft. Lauderdale Hotels

WolfpackFan

I'd like to bid on the same hotel on Priceline, but I don't know what area of Fort Lauderdale Hyatt Place North is in -- do you know? Any other Priceline bid tips?

Bid 3* FLL Downtown. We started with $50 and accepted first bid. My sister just bid on this hotel and got the same deal too.

Thanks for that as I was pondering The Pelican for our trip this June, have any pics and or thoughts?

The Pelican is a great hotel although definitely a cab ride or a rental car will be required if you want to leave the hotel. The beach is great and the rooms are very large. Our balcony overlooked the ocean and we had an AMAZING view :) We were here in 2006 pre cruise. If you have kids they will absolutely love it - our teenage daughter did and it's hard to please teenagers! I have attached our cruise album to have a look. Any questions let me know.

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/1352036_4CQnq

The Pelican is a great hotel although definitely a cab ride or a rental car will be required if you want to leave the hotel. The beach is great and the rooms are very large. Our balcony overlooked the ocean and we had an AMAZING view :) We were here in 2006 pre cruise. If you have kids they will absolutely love it - our teenage daughter did and it's hard to please teenagers! I have attached our cruise album to have a look. Any questions let me know.

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/1352036_4CQnq

WOW, thanks! Now I am NOT SURE as I got a awesome quote for The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa, Hollywood, Florida that is about $120 less! Suggestions, ideas, thoughts?

WOW, thanks! Now I am NOT SURE as I got a awesome quote for The Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa, Hollywood, Florida that is about $120 less! Suggestions, ideas, thoughts?

The Pelican and Diplomat are both great hotels but so different. For that price difference I would go with the Diplomat. It is stunning.

The Pelican and Diplomat are both great hotels but so different. For that price difference I would go with the Diplomat. It is stunning.

royalcruz, THANKS for all of your helpful suggestions! I have a list of places to eat with your inputs! As far as the Diplomat, I called them up and just asked what can they do for me and what kind of specials they have, they helpful lady gave me a beach room with a balcony for under $195, guess June is a off season.......:D We had the Renaissance booked for $99 but I really wanted something special other then a run of the meal type of place that is why I was asking about the other places as they do look lovely but the Diplomat fell into place with a awesome rate........Once again it is members like you who are very helpful and I thank you!!! :D

We have stayed at the Renaissance on 17th 3 times in the past two years and have been very pleased with it. It is situated about as close to the port as you can get, is convenient to shopping like Total Wine, Publix and Walgreen's. It is situated across the parking lot from Bimini Boat Yard (not recommended) and the Bravo Ristoranti. They offer a shuttle to the pier for $6 pp but a cab fare is less than $10.

Is that the one that comes up "Ft. Lauderdale-Plantation"? I'm looking at Marriott.com...

How did you do this through price line.

Go to the priceline website and enter fort lauderdale and the dates your looking to stay and then hit search. It'll bring up all of the available hotels. On that same page, you'll see something that says "Name your own price". Click on that and it brings you to a page where you can bid on your room. For the FLL Hyatt Place Airport North you need to choose downtown FLL and pick 3 stars. You then place your bid. We started with $50 and it was accepted first bid. A few things you should know though. They don't tell you which hotel you've won until after you've purchased it. If the bid is accepted, it is non-refundable, you have to pay in full, and they only guarantee accomodations for 2 people. You can't pick your bed type or amount of people. However, the Hyatt Place North has pull out sofas in all of their rooms so even if you need accomodations for 3 or 4, the room will be able to accomodate because of the sofabed. You can get more information at betterbidding.com

We are booked at the Doubletree as it's a stop for the water taxi. However, the tripadvisor.com ratings have slipped and some folks have posted that their rooms weren't clean. Like others who have posted, we like Residence Inn, Embassy Suites and Doubletree. Is Embassy Suites within walking distance to the water taxi? (And, let me chime in on the Holiday Inn Express cruise port ... it's in a scary location on a really busy street. I suppose you'd be safe enough if you didn't venture out of the front door and had pizza delivered. Otherwise, I'd book elsewhere.)

Have to agree with Oldferry and give the Sleep Inn Dania Beach a thumbs down! I will give them credit for trying -check in staff efficient- even called us back when our call for airpot shuttle went unanswered! The bedding was stained. The bathroom door of "the suite" was broken and this was fixed by attaching one of those kick-stand type door stoppers to the door! I do not think this hotel earns the high marks on trip advisor. You do get what you pay for.

o5mako5, we stayed at the Doubletree in May and we just loved it. It had to be one of the cleanest hotels we have stayed at. We were there for four days after our cruise and found the service and the room to be great. The water taxi stop is so handy and the hotel is just down the street from a CVS and the Gallery One mall. Very convienent location, we were very pleased and would not hesitate to stay there again.

We are currently at the Hampton Inn airport south on Stirling Road. Great place for pre cruise for the price. We booked through bookitdotcom and got it as the mystery hotel. $73 night inclusive of taxes and includes pickup from airport, shuttle to pier and breakfast. Easy walk to the Oakwood mall that has some eating places and shopping. Kmart was great for picking up beer, wine etc.

Hampton Inn airport north is across the street from McD's, Wendy's, Subway, Big Lots, liquor, Winn-Dixie, a sports bar & grill, and a block or so from Old Heidelberg German restaurant. It is about 2 miles west of the port.

Hampton Inn airport south is across the street from Kmart, BJs, BN, Marshall's, Ross, Big Lots, movies, arcade, and a few chain restaurants.

HI Express airport/cruiseport isn't in a great location.

HI Express convention center is surrounded by shopping and restaurants and is the closest of these hotels to the port entrance.

We are currently at the Hampton Inn airport south on Stirling Road. Great place for pre cruise for the price. We booked through bookitdotcom and got it as the mystery hotel. $73 night inclusive of taxes and includes pickup from airport, shuttle to pier and breakfast. Easy walk to the Oakwood mall that has some eating places and shopping. Kmart was great for picking up beer, wine etc.

Ha!

How many meters is it to Moonlite Diner? :cool:

Archived