Voyager of the Seas Feb 6- 13! Wonderful Cruise!

dixie54

10 of us took this cruise and had a wonderful time!

Some tidbits:

1. Packed in a 30in rolling duffle and a backpack and rolled them onboard with me with no problem. The scanner was plenty big. Bigger than airport scanner. (Bought the duffle at walmart for $30) I had plenty of clothes, shoes, swimsuits, jewelry for the week with 2 formal nights.

2.Table for 10 each night at 6:15 for MTD. We thought all the dinners

were excellent.

3. Texas Tenors was the after dinner show one night and were awesome!

4. Ice skating show always wonderful. You do not need tickets anymore. they have 4 shows.

5. Staff was wonderful

6. Cafe Promenade- we have always loved there coconut cookies, but found something else delicious there. Try the sunflower seed granola bar. I assure you it is not healthy!! YUM!

7. Ship is still beautiful! Our couch was showing some wear but fine.

8. PHIL ANDERSON in the Schooner bar. WOW!! HE IS WONDERFUL!!!!!

We all had a fabulous cruise. The only sad thing is I came down with the real Flu, coughing, chills, lethargy at 9pm the night I got home:(! Starting to feel better now:)!

Glad you are feeling better. Thank you for posting your thoughts of your cruise. We sailed on the VOS as part of a group in March of 2009 and it was a wonderful vacation. We are booked, just the two of us, again in April and cannot wait. I'll be sure to give the sunflower seed granola bar a try. Cafe Promenade is our favorite spot to grab a coffee and snack in the afternoon!

I would've been watching the Superbowl too. The reason I asked about the sail away or welcome aboard show is there is only one show time the first night. It used to be at 7:00 between the two dining times, now I am hearing it is at 10:00. No big problem, just curious.

btw Dixie, glad to hear you're feeling better.

I would've been watching the Superbowl too. The reason I asked about the sail away or welcome aboard show is there is only one show time the first night. It used to be at 7:00 between the two dining times, now I am hearing it is at 10:00. No big problem, just curious.

btw Dixie, glad to hear you're feeling better.

It was 10 or 10:30. I can't remember which...

[6. Cafe Promenade- we have always loved there coconut cookies, but found something else delicious there. Try the sunflower seed granola bar. I assure you it is not healthy!! YUM!

Hi, I love the Coconut cookies toooooo! :D

When you are feeling bettter, just wondering if you can review your port days and what you did and the weather.

Looking forward to Voyager in 15 days! Thanks

Roatan- we just shopped around the port and sunbathed on the ship. Last year we took an all day tour around the island and finished the day at the Mayan Princess. (I did try everything to see if I could book Maya Key directly from port, but all attempts failed. It is a ship excursion only at twice the price.) My husband scuba dived last year there and said it was the best he has ever had. Friend bought Retin A large tube for $20.

Belize- Husband scuba dived and it was good but not as good as Roatan last year. Shopped around port again. I bought 2 small tubes of Retin A for $10 each.

Cozumel- some went into town for magaritas. 3 ladies bought jewelry. Retin A was $38 in port. So buy your pharmacy stuff before you get to Cozumel!

Sailed of the Voyager twice. Once out of Galveston and, Once in the Med. She is still a grand ship. People need to remember this ship set the standard 12 years ago. It is how we cruise today.

Newer, Bigger, Better is not always good.

Just my thoughts, jdc2204

Hi, Thanks for the info. Also, you mentioned that there are now 4 ice shows and that you no longer need tickets. Since you sailed the same itinerary that I am about to sail, do you remember or have the compass for the days and times of the ice show. It would be great to plan this out in advance.

Thanks again! :D

Archived