Which Jamaica port?

Xoe

I am trying to select a Caribbean cruise for next winter. There is a choice of itinerary (same ship, alternating weeks) for a port day in either Montego Bay or Ochos Rios, Jamaica. Any advice about which port call is better for someone (us!) who loves nature, hiking, wildlife, and ADORES snorkeling? I'll appreciate any help on this -- I've been on 11 cruises, but never the Caribbean, and choosing the cruise is a challenge.

Ocho Rios has nature things such as climbing Dunns River Falls (you actually climb a 600 foot waterfall) and white river tubing. There is fern gully and many other outdoor attractions. I am not as familiar with Mo'Bay so I can not help you with that. Sorry.

Anything but MoBay! We stay close to Ocho Rios when we go on land vacations. There's alot of beauty to the island once you leave the port and airport areas. I wouldn't cruise if the port was MoBay personally, cuz I'd waste 3-4 hours trying to go somewhere of interest.. BTW, Jamaica is my favorite island and the people there are wonderful!

Archived