If you live in or near san juan, look at this

dja31705

Join us on Carnival Victory for a wonderful seven day voyage Nov. 20th- 27, 2011 porting from San Juan, Puerto Rico to St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, and St. Maarten. Since the boat doesn’t leave until 10pm, you have time to board your things and then go tour San Juan, Puerto Rico all day.

Thanksgiving Week

Nov. 20-27, 2011

Did I mention that there is a

reduced deposit for a limited time of $25.

Forget about cooking a big thanksgiving meal and come sail with us!

Just pack up the family and let’s go.

The ship is beautiful, the staff and crew demonstrate excellent customer service!!

Here's a link to your OFFICIAL webpage for the Victory Member Cruise:. http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=246. The page contains all the information concerning deposit, pricing and booking phone numbers. Once you are book go to the below forum and post that you have booked.

Group information forum http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=708

Join us on Carnival Victory for a wonderful seven day voyage Nov. 20th- 27, 2011 porting from San Juan, Puerto Rico to St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, and St. Maarten. Since the boat doesn’t leave until 10pm, you have time to board your things and then go tour San Juan, Puerto Rico all day.

Thanksgiving Week

Nov. 20-27, 2011

Did I mention that there is a

reduced deposit for a limited time of $25.

Forget about cooking a big thanksgiving meal and come sail with us!

Just pack up the family and let’s go.

The ship is beautiful, the staff and crew demonstrate excellent customer service!!

Here's a link to your OFFICIAL webpage for the Victory Member Cruise:. http://www.cruisecritic.com/interests/groups.cfm?ID=246. The page contains all the information concerning deposit, pricing and booking phone numbers. Once you are book go to the below forum and post that you have booked.

Group information forum http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=708

I was born in Puerto Rico and still have family there. I am a member of the cruise critic crazies who love to cruise. Been trying to get my wife to visit PR since we got married. Last time i was there was 1998 and loved it. I'll show this to her and anyone else that might be interested.

San Juan is about the last place I would fly to, to take a cruise. Heck I don't even care for it as a port of call, with trash floating around the ship BOTH TIMES I have been there! :eek:

Tom

Then i guess you made your decision tom. Don't ruin it for others. There are bad and good on every port. Some deal with racism, crime, being pushy by vendors, etc, etc. Many people like to cruise from Puerto Rico,many don't. You fall in the don't. I respect that.:D

Wish I could make it - bad month for us!! I LOVED our Victory cruise!!!

Exactly, i've had friends who have cruised from San Juan who love it because of the ports that the Victory hits. I wish i can visit all those ports from one ship. Some cruisers hate Jamaica, some hate Progresso, etc, etc. And about being pushy? I don't see that. I see he is enthusiastic on getting people to cruise. Pushy would be him sending e-mails to everyone on cruise critic. Lighten up people.

Then i guess you made your decision tom. Don't ruin it for others. There are bad and good on every port. Some deal with racism, crime, being pushy by vendors, etc, etc. Many people like to cruise from Puerto Rico,many don't. You fall in the don't. I respect that.:D

He did not ruin it for me, we hate that port, the only time we were there, we were accosted by a street thug.

Besides that problem, we found most of the shops closed, the area poorly lighted, and the people rude.

He did not ruin it for me, we hate that port, the only time we were there, we were accosted by a street thug.

Besides that problem, we found most of the shops closed, the area poorly lighted, and the people rude.

He did not ruin it for you but don't ruin it for others. Many people like that port and many don't. Have you read what they say about Montego bay? And me and my group always love that port. Even when there are incidents of cruisers getting robbed, we still love that port. Iwill agree about the shops closing early but it's a beautiful island and just needs some fixing when it comes to the shop hours or times the ship departs. I live in Houston and people get accosted by thugs every second.:D:D

Then i guess you made your decision tom. Don't ruin it for others...

Though some people actually read these boards to find specific information - be it flattering OR NOT! :eek:

This is Cruise Critic - I am just giving my opinion. I spoke to someone in my office just last week who felt the same way about San Juan (w/regard to there being trash floating in the water). Actually, that is more of an observation than an opinion. :)

Tom

I remember 2-3 yrs ago wife and I were booked to cruise the Conquest which hits Montego Bay and some people on a excursion in Jamaica got robbed by a group of men with machetes. Did it stop others/myself from going to port again? NOOOO WAY !! My group loves Montego Bay. Last year we were on the Conquest again and we missed 2 ports because of weather but i thought it was the best cruise we have ever taken. All we all need to do is read the reviews on the Victory. Some are bad, some are good. Go check it out....please do.http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=175

Though some people actually read these boards to find specific information - be it flattering OR NOT! :eek:

This is Cruise Critic - I am just giving my opinion. I spoke to someone in my office just last week who felt the same way about San Juan (w/regard to there being trash floating in the water). Actually, that is more of an observation than an opinion. :)

Tom

So right Tom,i stand corrected on that it is cruise CRITIC and people should read ALL the reviews and get a better read on where they are going. Trash in the water around the dock won't stop me from cruising but bad service on a ship and security issues might prevent me. So all i'll say is research here on cruise critic and other places. Tom? Everyone else. Enjoy your cruising !!!

dja31705? Good luck with booking the cruise. Stay away from the garbage at the dock in San Juan and remember, it's what YOU make of the cruise. There is good and bad about the Victory and the ports but sometimes the GOOD outweighs the bad. When life hands you lemons,make a bahama mama.:D:D

Just want to say that we had a great time in SJ and would love to go back - hopefully soon. We did not find it dirty or unsafe. I also do not think that you are being pushy - this is an awesome cruise with great ports - I wish we could go but our families would not be happy if we were gone on a holiday and I also like to be with them. Have a wonderful cruise!

San Juan is about the last place I would fly to, to take a cruise. Heck I don't even care for it as a port of call, with trash floating around the ship BOTH TIMES I have been there! :eek:

Tom

Wow, I'm very surprised to hear this. We've not seen trash floating in the water at the port when docked there. Post after post of folks coming back from cruises on the Victory with glowing reviews about their cruises on the Victory and this is the first time I've seen a comment about trash - sure hope it wasn't trash that was not properly disposed of by cruisers in the port.:(

I'll be sure to take a closer look when we are there, perhaps I just haven't been as observant as I should be.

Archived