Just got back-Carnival Inspiration Wedding 2/12/11

pickadill

We are back from our Honeymoon. I just want to say that Carnival did a outstanding job on our wedding!! I was nervous that something would go wrong, but I worried for nothing!!! They thought of everything! I think everyone should get married on a cruise ship :)

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask on the boards Or email me at pickadill@yahoo.com

After the wedding, strangers congratulate you..and you feel so special all week long!!! Heres a tip... Do the Newlywed game during the cruise, it makes for a funny story!!! And it plays on the TV over and over that everyone on the ship will recognize you. Its hillarious!

I just am going to write my review about all the things I stressed about, so that maybe if your worried about these things then you will feel better or be more prepared.

I didnt want to bring too many things with me, my motto was...If Carnival supplied it, then I used it!!

Dont worry about the flowers or the caketopper...they both are beautiful. I still have my bouquet and its been 8 days and the flowers still are soft and smell fresh (although turning a little brownish). They have updated the caketopper, I was expecting the old white dove/heart topper but was pleasantly surprised to see Two Silver Hearts instead.

At the Reception they prepared a table for my guest book, and for my favors that I brought, I gave out Green Rock Candy, tied ribbon around them...etc. Any edible favors that you bring must be wrapped.

Before the Wedding your cordinator will ask you what type of music you want to be played at the wedding, I said I wanted mostly Pop but a few country songs thrown in. (I like country but most of my guests dont)

We brought our own CD for our first dance... but the DJ has so many songs that you can requests other songs that you may want to hear during the reception.

I was prepared to see my future Husband at the port, but since we stayed at seperate places the night before I got to the port before him, and he took so long checking in that I decided at the last minute that since I haven't seen him this long then I dont want him to see me untill the wedding. So it is possible!! If you dont want your groom to see you then get there before him, and when they sit you in the waiting room, tell you Wedding cordinator to put him in a seperate waiting room!!

Will post pics now ......

You look beautiful! I am begging our coordinators to keep us apart! I guess at the long beach port they won't allow one of use to wait inside :( lame!!! They suggested my fiancé wear and handkerchief, ugh. I really don't want him to see me.... You look beautiful in the picture! If you have more please post! Did you have a bunch of guests?? If so how did they feel about waiting before boarding and everything?

Aww Thank you!!!

In the begining of all the wedding planning, I was mad that I had to see my groom before the wedding!!! but then I learned its kinda impossible to not see each other so I got use to the fact that I will see him before the wedding, there was nothing I could do.

But he was outside the port talking to Family and since it took him so long to come in, I decided at the last second to not see him! That was easy!!

He did say he was bored sitting in the other waiting room with just a couple guests, while I sat in our waiting room with all our guests.

But the waiting didn't seem that long, I had 68 guests. We sat around for what felt like 20-30 mins, and then we all boarded the boat and all the guests had fun taking pictures all over the Cruise ship, and got to eat on the Lido deck (for Free), while I went to my room and got ready.

The bridal party had a quick 15min rehersal, a friend of mine stood in for me since I couldn't be seen, and then all my bridesmaids and my mom came to my room and helped me get my dress on :)

They give you Plenty of time!!

Beautiful!!!

I'm so glad to know that your wedding turned out just like you wanted it to. I can't wait to read your detailed review!

By the way, did you give the DJ your music request before the wedding day or was it something you had to do once on the ship?

I dont have a link, when I bought my pictures they included a

CD of all the pics so I just uploaded them from there.

The music requests are something you do the day of your wedding.

Oh! and I forgot to mention, that they wouldnt let me throw my Bridal Bouquet that Carnival gave me, they said it would Shatter if it hit the floor?? That thing was pretty heavy though..it would knock someone out if it hit them!! They told me to throw one of my bridesmaids bouquets instead. ...So I did.

Ceremony was in the Candle Light Lounge (Carnival Inspiration)

184920_10150096760230275_805210274_6080881_6820277_n.jpg

Thank you so much! I actually made my necklace myself. I really wanted a starfish necklace and couldnt find one so I had to make it myself. I got the pearls from Joanns and the Starfish is a Brooch I ordered off of Ebay.

My hair/makeup was done by Destiny and Light http://www.destinoyluz.com/ , They are awesome!! I would recomend them to anyone...They arrived at my house at 6am, and were done by 9am so we can get to the port at 10am. Your hair and makeup has to be already done if your doing a onboard wedding, not time to do it on the ship. :)

Your photos are great! You look great!

My bridesmaids are wearing green also! It looks great on just about everyone IMO.

I am going to take note of your pictures. I really like the one of you standing on the deck from above, and the one with carnival thing behind you in black and white.

I feel like the photos are a hit or miss, kinda thing. Either they're great or they're just okay. I need to make sure I have a list for the photographer. Hopefully there will be enough time for the bridal party to rehearse. I'm crossing my fingers.

My Bridesmaids werent happy with the color green at first. They kept laughing at my color choice, But I knew it would look great! They all got spray tans because they felt they wouldn't look good pale with the green. I donno... But they ended up looking Great!!! Just as I knew they would.

I know what you mean, hit or miss with the photography. I was nervouse on what we were going to end up with. But luckily it turned out good. I got most of my photography poses off of this site by just doing a search.

My Bridesmaids werent happy with the color green at first. They kept laughing at my color choice, But I knew it would look great! They all got spray tans because they felt they wouldn't look good pale with the green. I donno... But they ended up looking Great!!! Just as I knew they would.

I know what you mean, hit or miss with the photography. I was nervouse on what we were going to end up with. But luckily it turned out good. I got most of my photography poses off of this site by just doing a search.

Well your pictures did turn out great. Green is one of my best colors, I've been going to the tanning bed, and I think I may stop and just go for a spray tan closer to the wedding. I keep getting burnt... ouch! :mad:

so glad your wedding turned out like you wanted. We're getting married on the Freedom on May 1st. I was curious about the Newlywed Game. How did you volunteer to be on it? DId they ask? Or who did you tell?

I was wondering the same thing.

I was wondering the same thing.

I was just married on the Carnival Pride on the 20th of Feb and they asked for the most recently married couple. It would have been us but my husband didn't want to volunteer - he regretted it because they gave a bottle of champagne & couples massage to all the participants:) Even if you don't want to play, it is hilarious to watch.

I was just married on the Carnival Pride on the 20th of Feb and they asked for the most recently married couple. It would have been us but my husband didn't want to volunteer - he regretted it because they gave a bottle of champagne & couples massage to all the participants:) Even if you don't want to play, it is hilarious to watch.

Congratulations on a beautiful wedding! I love your dress! And ur cake topper looks perfect for that cake! Also really like the green dresses and your necklace! I am so not crafty!!! I love hear how great carnival does with these weddings! Really gets me excited and makes me realize we made the right choice with a cruiseship wedding!

Not trying to hijack your post... but what kind of questions do they ask for that newlywed game? I really think it would be a lot of fun but my fiance gets easily embarrassed, so if i know what kind of things they ask, we can decide if we will volunteer or not!

And one more thing.... bmoore09, PLEASE post a review on ur wedding! Not too many freedom reviews and i'm getting married on it in Oct!!! Love to see pictures and hear all about it!

Yay! I'll have to remember that. We do have one other wedding on our ship, but hopefully they won't get the memo. If there are 2 that were married on the same day, do they both get to play? I want to play SO bad, and not just for the freebies.

Do they do a newlywed couple, a couple who has been together for a few years and a couple who has been together for decades? I remember I caught the tail end of the Newlywed game on the last cruise that I went to, and it was hilarious. I'm going to start convincing my fiancee, now!

I'll certianly post a review and pics. I know there arent a lot of reviews, so we're kinda just going with the flow!

To answer another question about the types of questions they ask: Let's just say of the 4 cruises I've been on, I never miss it. Pretty embarrasing. AND they play it on a loop in the rooms!

Congratulations on a beautiful wedding! I love your dress! And ur cake topper looks perfect for that cake! Also really like the green dresses and your necklace! I am so not crafty!!! I love hear how great carnival does with these weddings! Really gets me excited and makes me realize we made the right choice with a cruiseship wedding!

Not trying to hijack your post... but what kind of questions do they ask for that newlywed game? I really think it would be a lot of fun but my fiance gets easily embarrassed, so if i know what kind of things they ask, we can decide if we will volunteer or not!

And one more thing.... bmoore09, PLEASE post a review on ur wedding! Not too many freedom reviews and i'm getting married on it in Oct!!! Love to see pictures and hear all about it!

Oh and I saw your screen name. I'm a gator grad too. Graduated in 2003. GO gators!

Yay! I'll have to remember that. We do have one other wedding on our ship, but hopefully they won't get the memo. If there are 2 that were married on the same day, do they both get to play? I want to play SO bad, and not just for the freebies.

Do they do a newlywed couple, a couple who has been together for a few years and a couple who has been together for decades? I remember I caught the tail end of the Newlywed game on the last cruise that I went to, and it was hilarious. I'm going to start convincing my fiancee, now!

They do the couple who has been married the longest, the couple who has been married the most recently and then a couple somewhere in between. The couple in between has to audition for the spot.

And yes the questions can be very personal:) If your husband to be embarasses easily, it might not be for him. Or maybe you can convince him it'a all in fun and will be agrat memory.

So they choose at the beginning of the show? Or do you try to signup beforehand?

They do the couple who has been married the longest, the couple who has been married the most recently and then a couple somewhere in between. The couple in between has to audition for the spot.

And yes the questions can be very personal:) If your husband to be embarasses easily, it might not be for him. Or maybe you can convince him it'a all in fun and will be agrat memory.

Archived