Independence of the Seas 3 day cruise April

SPACASTAN

Can anybody help me with a couple of queries about this cruise.

1. Is there a formal night on this cruise.

2. First time using my time dining is it easy to use.

3. I seen lots of reviews about the prices of drinks, I'm not that bothered about it but are they true.

First time on this ship so any tips would be handy

Cheers

Glyn:)

If it is the Independence 3 day to Paris that you're on then yes there is a formal night, the Thursday. I checked with RCCL. This is a consideration if you are booking any trips, especially Paris which is a 10 hr day.

My time dining is great and will give you freedom to dine when it suits you. No need to prebook, just turn up. You may have to wait but generally never more than a few minutes, the matire'd will keep you right. Generally avoid times when a show just comes out or on the hour dining, quarter past and quarter to the hour are quieter. I am doing this option again as prefer table for 2 of which there are lots.

Yes the drinks prices are expensive. It is all in US dollars and includes 15% service charge. Wine can be about $10 per glass and $40 to $50 a bottle easily. However spirits are generally a double measure and better value at around $6.95. Beer also about $4.50. Cocktails also good too.

You'll love this class of ship, expecially the Ice Shows and wonderful central Promenade deck, lots to do and see.

Hi Glyn

There is a roll call for your sailing where you may get some more help and advice and it will give you a chance to chat with your fellow cruisers -

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=28028853#post28028853

The Independence is a lovely ship and I am sure you will have a great time on her :D

Smooth sailing:D

3. I seen lots of reviews about the prices of drinks, I'm not that bothered about it but are they true.

Glyn:)

I'm not sure why people get worked up over the cost of drinks on board. A bottle of wine in Pizza Express costs £16.95 these days so not much different to the prices on board where the cheapest bottle is $26 I think!! I paid £11 for a G&T in a 5* London hotel a few weeks back and it was only a single measure. Drinks on board are freely poured- no measures or optics and they are a good double at least;) Hic! Spirits and cocktails are certainly better value than a pint of beer.

I'm not sure why people get worked up over the cost of drinks on board. A bottle of wine in Pizza Express costs £16.95 these days so not much different to the prices on board where the cheapest bottle is $26 I think!! I paid £11 for a G&T in a 5* London hotel a few weeks back and it was only a single measure. Drinks on board are freely poured- no measures or optics and they are a good double at least;) Hic! Spirits and cocktails are certainly better value than a pint of beer.

not worried about the price just so i have an idea so i can budget accordingly i have paid a lot more then people are saying they cost on board

Well, I definitely get worked up about the prices on board and I live/work in London! The main issue for Brits I think are that the prices aren't static, which is great if the £ is doing well, but when it sinks like it did a year ago suddenly the drinks on board are the equivalent of an expensive bar without any half price happy hours. I know they are strong pours but sometimes I would just prefer a single... but for a cheaper price. :o

Archived