Men wearing sandals on formal night -Valor

LVMullet

Due to "foot issues" DH can no longer wear "dress shoes" He does have some very nice stylish sneakers and yes some very nice dressy sandals. He wore each pair once to the elegant nights with his dress clothes. Looked mighty good in MHO -

As long as folks attempt to dress appropriately - leave 'em alone. When you pay for my cruise and purchase my clothes - then you can tell me what to wear and when. If you want truly formal - choose a cruise line that requires such.

Chill out and relax folks - it's supposed to be a vacation :D

For years because of foot problems, I too, wore tennis shoes on formal night. I had no choice. The shoes were clean, I was dressed formally too. We always teased that if someone asked, we would tell people that the airline lost our bag with my dress shoes in it.

Now I can't wear heels, but have nice sandals to wear with my formals.

It's a shame when people are judged without knowing circumstances.

"Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats."

I'll wear my golf polo, khakis and SANDALS!!!! Just like the last 5 years.:)

"Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, gym shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats."

I'll wear my golf polo, khakis and SANDALS!!!! Just like the last 5 years.:)

There's a really big difference between "what's the minimum allowed" and "what's appropriate". :D

Archived