Jet ski/stingray question

sophia37

We will be in Grand Cayman in the month of April. I booked the jet ski/ swim with the stingray tour through Island Marketing Ltd. I would like to know if anyone knows what the resort is called that they take you to. I want to check out the resort before we go. They say that when we get back from our tour that we can swim and hang out at the resort. I am trying to find it with no luck. Please help!!!:o

We will be in Grand Cayman in the month of April. I booked the jet ski/ swim with the stingray tour through Island Marketing Ltd. I would like to know if anyone knows what the resort is called that they take you to. I want to check out the resort before we go. They say that when we get back from our tour that we can swim and hang out at the resort. I am trying to find it with no luck. Please help!!!:o

from my research it appears to be this hotel : The Ramada Grand Caymanian Resort, Crystal Harbour, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

I can confirm that it is from the Ramada Grand Caymanian. It is a bit off the main strip of Seven Mile Beach, sort of tucked away on the other side of the golf course from West Bay Road.

:pThank you. I am looking forward to hanging out. I see myself in a hammock with a drink in my hand:p

You are going to love this tour....we did this tour in 2009 and plan on rebooking it again for june. Their guides were great....

:pThank you. I can see that you have been to Cozumel quite a few times:p I am very excited!!! Is the hotel worth staying at for a few hours after the tour, or would we be better off heading back to town to shop and get cocktails there? I really have no desire to go to one of the tourist bars.

is this the cayman island cruise excursion website i am confused, i got a price $70 per person for double riders on waverunner for this tour. I am also going in april, am anxious to hear about it.

is this the cayman island cruise excursion website i am confused, i got a price $70 per person for double riders on waverunner for this tour. I am also going in april, am anxious to hear about it.

What company are you using that only cost $70?

island marketing, grand cayman cruise excursions
We are using Island Marketing as well. I did make a typo saying Cozumel. I ment to type Grand Cayman. We are taking the Jet ski/ swim with the sting ray tour. They are going to pick us up, take us to a hotel, and we are off on the jet ski's. It cost us around $89 per person. We each have our own jet ski. All this planning is a little confusing:confused: I love it though:D

I am also looking to book this tour. I will be there on April 11. When I requested to book for 2 single waverunners, the only time available was 9am. I just requested 1 double and hopefully we can get a later time slot. I just don't know about riding with DH. He is much more adventurous than me. This tour sounds like a great waverunner tour.

We have booked the Waverunner Stingray Excursion with Island Marketing LTD as well for March 22/11. I wasn't sure which company to go with between Island Marketing & Fat Fish Adventures...hope we made the right choice.

There are 4 of us going - 2 to each wave runner. Our time slot is for 9am - the ship docks at 7am - I get all confused with the Ship time vs Cayman time. I'll have to read the posts to try and find out.

I will be sure to post and let you all know how we made out.

:pThank you. I can see that you have been to Cozumel quite a few times:p I am very excited!!! Is the hotel worth staying at for a few hours after the tour, or would we be better off heading back to town to shop and get cocktails there? I really have no desire to go to one of the tourist bars.

We ended.up just going back to town afterwards...the pool was nice but very quite place and not much going on. If you want to see pictures of the tour click on my last grand payment cruise and webshots should be linked to it...I believe it was the legend. It was one of the best excursions we have ever done.

• 2 weeks later...
We ended.up just going back to town afterwards...the pool was nice but very quite place and not much going on. If you want to see pictures of the tour click on my last grand payment cruise and webshots should be linked to it...I believe it was the legend. It was one of the best excursions we have ever done.

Can you tell me how long the taxi ride is from the pier to the Ramada resort?

Thanks,

Marilyn

Can you tell me how long the taxi ride is from the pier to the Ramada resort?

Thanks,

Marilyn

When we booked with Island Marketing, we had a designated meeting place (about a five minute walk from the pier) and a 15 passanger van picked us up. the same van brought everyone back into town after the tour. The ride was about 15 -20 minutes..

Hi All

I promised a review of Island Marketing jet ski & sting ray excursion so here we go. My husband and I went and we both had the worse time we've ever had on an excursion.

We met our driver at the pick up point and the driver advised us that they haven't taken any tours out in a few days because the it has been very windy BUT they were going to try. We asked if it was safe and they advised us that it was - WRONG.

We arrived at the resort and they gave us our life vest - collected our money etc - did a quick instruction on the wave runner. At this point we still haven't been explained anything about where we are going, what the tour guides name was or anything. My husband asked again about the safety because the water was extremely rough - they assured us we'd be fine - just drive FAST then you wouldn't feel the waves as bad.

So the guide drove off and pretty much left us on our own - we ended up at some beach we which found out later was Rum Point. By the time we got to the beach - a few of the teenagers were in tears - I was terrifed along with a couple of other wives. The guide just chuckled.

We got back on the waverunners to go to Stingray city - which by the time we got there was very busy and there was a 2 hour wait - the guide said we wouldn't be waiting - so we went to Starfish point for about 10mins and then headed back to the Resort.

We got back to beach - I was so glad it was over. I can honestly say I was really scared and my husband is used to driving wave runners. The water was so rough, we literally flew off the wave runners, I ended up having multiple bruises on the insides of my legs, very paintfull.

We never got to see the stingrays, we were offered no apology or discount of any kind BUT the guide was very quick to ask for a tip.

Everyone was very disappointed and not very impressed.

I hope everyone has better luck than we did.

Couple of tips:

* Bring water shoes - the walk into the water is very rocky and has lots of sharp coral pieces.

* Make sure you cover up with sunscreen

* They do have a place to lock up your bag/clothes etc.

If you have any questions just let me know.

Mandy

Archived