Hannibal vs Buccaneer

TxStacey

Our group is trying to decide between Capt. Bryan's Hannibal which leaves earlier , 9:30, vs, the Buccaneer which has a cash bar and three stops and leaves an hour later. This is our goal.. some of us have never been to Grand Cayman and would like to shop and also go to a beach if possible which is why we are considering the Hannibal. The question is this.. We will be on the Conquest and will arrive in port at 7:00 a.m. Will we be able to get a tender early enough, we need to meet at Capt. Bryan's at 8:45, since we will not be on a ship sponsored excursion? We cannot "infiltrate" the line because there will be about 20 in our group. How long does it take to tender? Anyone with any insight, your help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

My DH and I have booked the 10:30 tour on the Miracle in May. We get into port at the same time your ship does (7:00 am), but I didn't want to be rushed into trying to get on a tender. Besides, I have been on a land vacation before in Grand Cayman and I know there is not a lot of cheap shopping there -- I was hoping for waterford, etc. The exchange rate with the GC dollar doesn't favor the US dollar -- $1.25 US = 1.00 GC, so things aren't cheap. Everything is right by where you tender in (or a block or two away).

By going at 10:30, we get three stops not two, and don't have to be rushed.

Do make time to visit the English Bakery, right near Capt. Bryan's (you'll smell it, don't worry!) Great stuff there for snacking!

June

Archived