Kids' crew questions

bangzoom6877

We're sailing on the Jewel this coming July, and it will be the second cruise for DS6 (he was 18 months old on his first cruise, the Norwegian Spirit). It will be the first cruise for DS3 (he will be 4 this May). So, this is the first time we are going to experience the kids' crew. I have some questions about it:

1. On sea days, is the kids' crew open all day until 10:30pm? Or do they close for certain hours?

2. Could we pull the kids out at anytime to enjoy an activity with them, or to take them to lunch? Or can we pull them out for dinner with the family, then bring them back after dinner?

3. DS6 has an allergy to shellfish and I always carry an Epi-pen just in case. I got the documents from NCL to fill out and send to the ship. We also have to see the restaurant manager when we board, as well as inform the kids' crew staff of his allergy. Do I have to leave the Epi-pen with the kids' crew staff?

4. Do I have to leave extra clothing just in case they have an accident or they spill something on themselves?

5. Does the kids' crew staff take the kids to the pool?

Thanks in advance!

We're sailing on the Jewel this coming July, and it will be the second cruise for DS6 (he was 18 months old on his first cruise, the Norwegian Spirit). It will be the first cruise for DS3 (he will be 4 this May). So, this is the first time we are going to experience the kids' crew. I have some questions about it:

1. On sea days, is the kids' crew open all day until 10:30pm? Or do they close for certain hours? on sea days open from 9 am until 10:30 pm for free after 10:30 there is a charge

2. Could we pull the kids out at anytime to enjoy an activity with them, or to take them to lunch? Or can we pull them out for dinner with the family, then bring them back after dinner? its in and out at your will

3. DS6 has an allergy to shellfish and I always carry an Epi-pen just in case. I got the documents from NCL to fill out and send to the ship. We also have to see the restaurant manager when we board, as well as inform the kids' crew staff of his allergy. Do I have to leave the Epi-pen with the kids' crew staff? No they will not feed them nor allow any food in and they will not take any medications from you.you of course should still inform them of the allergy and perhaps ask if they will give you a beeper and cell phone and be always available no matter what their age.

4. Do I have to leave extra clothing just in case they have an accident or they spill something on themselves? No, since they don't feed them nor allow food in they will only get wet otherwise. If they are not toilet trained you will get a beeper/cell phone and they will call you. they ask where you are and will try to contact you otherwise. they never change a diaper- they call you for that

5. Does the kids' crew staff take the kids to the pool? I am not 100% sure but I think the answer is no. I don't think they will take the risk of something happening at a pool. We spent almost all day with out 2-3 yo at the kids and adult pools and never saw a kids crew presence.

Thanks in advance!

see above in red

see above in red

Thank you so much! Both kids are toilet trained, so no diaper issues. But I like the idea of having a pager just in case my son happens to have an allergic reaction. I always carry the Epi-pen with me no matter where we are, but thank goodness so far I have not needed to use it on him.

So, they don't give them lunch or a snack or anything if they are there in the afternoon?

Thank you so much! Both kids are toilet trained, so no diaper issues. But I like the idea of having a pager just in case my son happens to have an allergic reaction. I always carry the Epi-pen with me no matter where we are, but thank goodness so far I have not needed to use it on him.

So, they don't give them lunch or a snack or anything if they are there in the afternoon?

nothing. They may give you a hard time over the beeper/phone- but you should be able to get one- ask for their supervisor but watch out they may refuse the child....

see above in red

We were on the Dawn last March and are booked again this March. The kids camp was amazing...my 3 and 5 year old still remember the names of the counselors. They definately do not feed the kids breakfast, lunch, or dinner...I recall that they did provide snacks every once in a while but they are very good will allergies. My daughter is allergic to eggs and peanuts. They were excellent with asking us ahead of time and the Chef in the top deck where the kids buffet area is, was excellent in getting us eggless pancakes every morning and sending eggless chocolate chip cookies to our room. NCL was very sensitive to allergies which was great for us.

My daughter was 4 when we cruised on the sky last year. She loved the kids corner. When I dropped her off they gave me a pager without even asking. It was only a short 2 day cruise for us but when the ship was out at sea she was at the kids corner. She didnt want to leave. Stopped a couple of times to see if she was ready. Each time I was sent away lol. It was a very relaxing time for me. :) Kids Corner is the reason for my choice of NCL sky again. She is familiar with it now and still talks about to this day. Hopefully next year we can step up to a longer cruise and try a new ship out in the NCL Fleet.

Every cruise I have been on (all lines except NCL) have times during sea days that the kids clubs are open and closed. For instance, usually 9:00a - 12:00pm 2:00pm - 5:00p 6:00p - 10:30pm. Just examples. Does NCL not do this?

they changed recently and added more time. They are now open all day on Sea days. on port days port play is charged when in port but even when they stay late in port they open up the free one at 6 or so...

but it may vary when there are few kids on board and few kids crew people....

as I said we were on the NCL Jewel last week with two kids....

Archived