Upsell time frame

KevinsCruising

how good are the upsell deals? anyone have examples?

I think a typical upsell is 50% of the cost between the cruise you have booked now and the current price of the new cabin they are offering.

For example if you have a balcony for $1000, and they are offering you a suite that is currently priced at $2000..........they would offer it to your for an additional $500 over what you have paid for the balcony.

Seems like I'm in the minority but I booked a minisuite for my cruise for this June almost a year in advance and I received an upsell call (for a 1 bedroom CV) about 2 weeks after booking. We took the offer.:D

Someone must have really wanted that mini-suite. :eek: Maybe someone wanted to book a group of cabins all together and you had one they needed.

Great deal for you.:)

We are about to hit the 5 weeks mark... I e-mailed my TA to inform him we were interested in an upsell if it was a reasonable price. Right now, it's about a 900 to 1000 dollar difference. I hope because we book w/ them all the time and we are celebrating something on board, we will get the call before others...maybe...

Got the call today... Going to pass this time though... From an AE to a A2 for $1500 is very tempting.

I don't have my info with me, but they made me offers 3 weeks in a row until the price was in my range. I took a chance turning it down, but it ended up working out for us. They started off way too high, but came down with each offer.

We ended up going from AE to AA. They also offered us the A2 or A3, but we took the AA since we had been in it before and liked it.

Don't be surprised if you get another call. Good luck!

Archived