Suggestion for Tour Company for snorkling at Goff's Caye

iseeyou

I don't think Coral Breeze actually operates any tours but is a booking agent. Also, I don't know of any tour they have to Goff's. Their shark ray alley is probably pretty good, but there are several companies that do that.

One thing about ship tours is that they pick you up at the ship and drop you back off at the ship. With an independent trip, you have to tender into the Tourism Village to catch your trip and then tender back to the ship after. Not that it is good or bad, but you will need to plan accordingly.

We used Ecotoursbelize dot com. We booked it when we arrived but had research them beforehand. I think we paid $40 per adult, $32 per child. Be aware that if you use a credit card, you will pay quite a bit more (poor exchange rate and transaction fees)...better to pay cash. Lunch is not included; expect to pay about $10 per person on the island for grilled chilcken, lobster or hot dogs. $2 for pop, $4 for beer, $2 for chips or candy. Everything was priced is USD.

We had a good time. The snorkeling off the boat seemed rushed. May have been because my son had some trouble with his mask and had to go back tot he boat. His face was burning from the mask (probably a latex sensitivity). The guides did a great job, however and led him back to the boat and ensured he was safe the entire time. The kids equipment wasn't very good with missing pieces, etc. I didn't have any trouble with my equipment, however. They said we would be in the water about 45 minutes. I'm not sure how long we were out there, but it seemed like about that amount and it was enough. (I actually experienced some motion sickness during the snorkeling. Just a heads up if anyone is sensitive...next time I will take some Bonine.)

The time on the Caye was amazing. The island is a pure piece of heaven. One side of the island is white sandy beach; the other a little rough with some rocks where you can snorkel.

If we would do it again, we would just stay on the island the entire time and snorkel from the beach. There is a lot of coral and fish to see there and more than satisfied my young kid's curiosity.

The guides seemed competent and professional. They shared a lot about Belize and their culture on the 25 minutes boat ride to the Caye. Very interesting.

We can't wait to go back. The 1 1/2 hours on the island wasn't near enough.

Archived