another "Bequia" question(fl.hotel)

puffer46

Bequia, I have read from time to time that you have suggested we look at Hollywood Beach for hotels. We are not sailing till next Feb.4,06 but since we will need probably 8 rms. thought I would start looking now!!! My question is I have seen some good reviews about the Holiday Inn Hollywood Bch hotel. I know it is only a 3* hotel. I saw the reviews on trip advisor. I was wondering what your honest opinion is of that hote. I'm not looking for a 5*hotel for a 3*price as long as it is CLEAN and fairly safe area. So what is your opinion please.... Our only hang-up on the hotel is that there is a NO cancelation policy. I wonder why. But it is on the beach which is what we want as most of us are going down a couple of days early for our cruise and want to stay a couple of days after the cruise. Hence with the cost of a balcony rm. on the ship (Liberty) we really don't want to pay 2-300.00 a night for a hotel rm. Thanks and sorry if this is soooooo long. Linda

To be honest with you, I am not too familiar with that hotel, my experience lies with the hotels on the north end of Hollywood Beach. Be that as it may, I have walked by it and talking to some of my local friends that live on the beach they actually speak highly of it. It is kept in immaculate condition both inside and out. The area is very safe and a short walk on the oceanfront broadwalk offers plenty of choices for restaurants.

I look forward to this property opening next month (from the Miami Herald) "A new oceanfront, full-service Marriott will soon come to Hollywood Beach. Slated to open in April 2005, the 229-room Marriott Hollywood Beach will exude a fresh, residential feel and flexible meeting space, as well as a restaurant, spa and tiki bar. Plans for future development of this project also include a new marina along the Intracoastal Waterway" When it does open, see what kind of rates you can get. I'll bet the water taxi will expand its route and include this beautiful property on its route. ;)

Archived